It does have the current release date (which *is* subject to change, since I'm still writing the book. But hopefully not). And it has a brief plot description!
I may still be writing the book (writing as fast as I possibly can, I promise!) but I have the plot carefully planned out, so I was able to write the official summary (and I did my best to keep it free of LODESTAR spoilers, in case you haven't gotten there yet). Here it is, in case you don't feel like clicking over to the amazon pre-order page:
*And yes, I will be doing another pre-order giveaway this year--and yes, it will retroactively apply to all pre-orders. So if you decide to pre-order now, it will still qualify for the giveaway--and all details on the giveaway won't be posted until much closer to launch day.
Okay! Now, on to the MMGM links!
- Colossal Book Nerd has chills for A MONSTER CALLS. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- The Shannon Messenger Fanclub is doing an author feature on JESSICA DAY GEORGE. Click HERE to see why.
- Melissa Roske has an author interview with Allison K. Hymas. Click HERE for all the fun.
- Children's Books Heal is highlighting LOVING VS VIRGINIA: A DOCUMENTARY NOVEL OF THE LANDMARK CIVIL RIGHTS CASE. Click HERE to see what she thought.
- The Reading Nook wants everyone to solve A RIDDLE IN RUBY. Click HERE to find her feature.
- Renell Aysling continues her Roald Dahl Reading Roadtrip with JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH. Click HERE to see her thoughts.
- Sally's Bookshelf is feeling keen on GARVEY'S CHOICE. Click HERE to see why.
- Rosa Hollinsbeck is also reviewing--and GIVING AWAY--GARVEY'S CHOICE. Click HERE for details.
- Completely Full Bookshelf is recommending THE UNFINISHED ANGEL. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- Middle Grade Munch is featuring the TRUE COLORS SERIES. Click HERE to see why.
- Greg Pattridge is betting on ZACK DELACRUZ--JUST MY LUCK. Click HERE to read his review.
- Bookish Ambition is talking about THE NIGHT OF THE COMET. Click HERE to see why.
- Dorine White is cheering for THE MARVELOUS MAGIC OF MISS MABEL. Click HERE for her thoughts.
- Reading Violet is braving the WRATH OF THE STORM. Click HERE to find their feature.
- Andrea Mack is gushing about HOWARD WALLACE, P.I. Click HERE to see why.
- The Mundie Moms are always huge supporters of middle grade. Click HERE for their Mundie Kids site.
- Shannon O'Donnell is back--and planning a weekly MMGM again. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time.
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week
If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love on a Monday (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately--and please don't forget to say what book you're featuring) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links for the coming Monday. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!) (Also make sure the post you send me is a new post, not one from earlier in the week. I try to keep the content fresh)
If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.
Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!