Monday, November 7, 2016

MMGM Links (11/7/16)

Whew--just survived a crazy, awesome, hectic, exhausting, amazing launch week for LODESTAR.

HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT THE BOOK OR READ THE BOOK OR TALKED ABOUT THE BOOK OR CAME TO ANY OF MY EVENTS TO HEAR ME RAMBLE AWKWARDLY ABOUT THE BOOK!!!!!

I'm definitely not done touring--I still have TONS of events coming up this month, so make sure you check my events page HERE to make sure you don't miss out.

Also, TREMENDOUS thanks for being respectful about spoilers. My tour/travel days have been so insanely over-scheduled that I haven't had a chance to check any of the comments you guys are posting, so please keep on making sure my social media feeds--and this website--stay spoiler free.

ALSO, also, I got to come home for the last two days, and I used the time to prep all the pre-order swag packs. They're going in the mail TODAY, so if you filled out the form to take advantage of the giveaway, keep an eye on your mailbox. Your goodies are heading your way.

And if you missed the pre-order giveaway--and none of my upcoming tour stops are near you--don't forget, there's still one more way to get the swaggish goodies. The special arrangement I made with Changing Hands for you to get a slightly cooler swag pack along with a signed (and personalized if you want it) copy of LODESTAR is still going--and doesn't end until 11/16. Go HERE for more details.

Okay, onto MMGM!
- Suzanne Warr is featuring FULL OF BEANS. Click HERE to see why. 
- Sue Kooky is reviewing um...oh hey, it's LODESTAR.  Click HERE to check it out.   (and thank you! I don't read reviews for sanity reasons, but thank you for doing that!)
- Justin Talks Books is talking up THE SCHOOL STORY. Click HERE to read his feature.  
- Carl at Boys Rule! Boys Read! has two fun posts going on, HERE and HERE.
- Bookish Ambition is spotlighting THE WEDDING PLANNER'S DAUGHTER. Click HERE to see what they thought. 
- Got my Book has an audiobook review of ONLY YOU CAN SAVE MANKIND. Click HERE to see what they thought.  
- Mark Baker is ready to enroll in SPY SKI SCHOOL. Click HERE to see why.  
- Completely Full Bookshelf is recommending--MEEP--Keeper of the Lost Cities, and GIVING AWAY a signed copy of LODESTAR. Click HERE for all the fun (and TYSM!).   
- Greg Pattridge is giving a shoutout to IMPYRIUM. Click HERE to read his review.
- Rosi Hollinbeck is reviewing--and GIVING AWAY--ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE PERRY T. COOK. Click HERE for all the fun. 
- Sally's Bookshelf is gushing about THE LITTLEST BIGFOOT. Click HERE for her feature. 
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time.  
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week  
- The Mundie Moms are always huge supporters of middle grade. Click HERE for their Mundie Kids site. 
- Shannon O'Donnell is back--and planning a weekly MMGM again. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.   

If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love on a Monday (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately--and please don't forget to say what book you're featuring) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links for the coming Monday. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!) (Also make sure the post you send me is a new post, not one from earlier in the week. I try to keep the content fresh)

If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.

Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!


*Please note: these posts are not a reflection of my own opinions on the books featured. Each blogger is responsible for their own MMGM content and I do not pre-screen reviews ahead of time, nor do I control what books they choose. I simply assemble the list based on the links that are emailed to me. 

3 comments:

  1. OK, so technical difficulties this morning. Sorry all. The Bookish Ambition review for The Wedding Planner's Daughter can be found at http://bookish-ambition.blogspot.com/2016/11/mmgm-wedding-planners-daughter_25.html
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Middle Grade Monday- Check out Evolution Revolution, Book 1: Simple Machines by Charlotte Bennardo http://dorinewhite.blogspot.com/2016/11/spotlight-evolution-revolution-book-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, #1! Just wanted to let you know that LODESTAR is my feature for MMGM today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Any arguing or intense debate--on any subject will be removed. Let's keep this a safe, fun space.