In the meantime, thank you for your patience, and for supporting me on tour (still several events to go--check my events page HERE to see if one of them is near you), and--more than anything else--thank you for this:
In case you don't recognize what you're looking at, that is the New York Times Bestselling SERIES list (!!!! a.k.a. "the uncrackable list.") And that is KEEPER sitting pretty at #6, with all the cool kids.
And as if that weren't amazing enough, you also made LODESTAR debut at #92 on the USA Today Bestseller's list (top 100, baby!).
I don't know if you realize how incredible those things are, but they are HUGE. I'm still in shock. And YOU GUYS made it happen. Thank you for buying LODESTAR and spreading the word about the KEEPER series. You have officially made me look *much* cooler than I probably deserve.
*tacklehugs you all*
Also--final reminder--if you missed the pre-order giveaway, there's still a few days left to get the swaggish goodies. The special arrangement I made with Changing Hands for you to get a slightly cooler swag pack along with a signed (and personalized if you want it) copy of LODESTAR doesn't end until 11/16. Go HERE to take advantage.
Okay, onto MMGM!
- My Comfy Chair is spreading some love for FOXHEART. Click HERE to see why.
- Mark Baker is reviewing ... oh wow, it's LODESTAR! (!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!). Click HERE to see what he thought.
- Justin Talks Books is talking up THE KID WHO BECAME PRESIDENT. Click HERE to read his feature.
- Faith Hough is raving about THE INQUISITOR'S TALE. Click HERE to see what she thought.
- Bookish Ambition is spotlighting THE HUMAN BODY. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- Got my Book has an audiobook review of CIRCLE OF MAGIC. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- Greg Pattridge is giving a shoutout to THE BOY WITH 17 SENSES. Click HERE to read his review.
- Children's Books Heal is championing THE POET'S DOG. Click HERE to see why.
- Completely Full Bookshelf is recommending THE SECRET GARDEN. Click HERE for their review.
- The Mundie Moms are always huge supporters of middle grade. Click HERE for their Mundie Kids site.
- Shannon O'Donnell is back--and planning a weekly MMGM again. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time.
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week
If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love on a Monday (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately--and please don't forget to say what book you're featuring) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links for the coming Monday. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!) (Also make sure the post you send me is a new post, not one from earlier in the week. I try to keep the content fresh)
If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.
Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!