I'm going to start panicking about how many deadlines and things I'm falling behind on!
Wait--no. I mean...okay, that probably will happen. But I was referring to something you'll enjoy a whole lot more!
Now that we've reached the "less than two months until LODESTAR" time period (AHHH!), we're officially in the FUN THINGS ARE HAPPENING zone. I know you're waiting for the pre-order giveaway and my list of tour dates--I probably won't have those until October. But starting tomorrow I'll be sharing fun things on my social media. This month I'll be revealing eight new, full color character portraits (one every Tue, and one every Fri) so if you're not following me on Instagram or Twitter, you might wanna get on that! (I'm @SW_Messenger on both) And in October I'll have LODESTAR teasers. Rumor has it the first chapter will also be posted somewhere online at some point.
SO. Basically, GET READY FOR ALL THE AWESOMENESS.
And in the meantime, here are the MMGM links!
- Justin Talks Books has two features for you this--both in vlog form. Click HERE for all the fun!
- Got My Book is raving about NURK. Click HERE to see why.
- Patricia Tilton at Children's Books Heal is spotlighting TOWERS FALLING. Click HERE to read her review.
- Completely Full Bookshelf is cheering for THE UNDERDOGS. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- Sue Kooky is spreading some love for THE TIARA ON THE TERRACE. Click HERE to find her feature.
- The B.O.B. has chills for FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER. Click HERE to see why.
- Greg Pattridge is celebrating ELEVEN AND HOLDING. Click HERE to read his review.
- Rosi Hollinbeck is reviewing--and GIVING AWAY--CHASING SECRETS. Click HERE for all the fun.
- Carl at Boys Rule Boys Read is highlighting THE BOYS IN THE BOAT. Click HERE to see what he thought.
- Tara Creel is finding SOME KIND OF HAPPINESS. Click HERE to read her feature.
- Suzanne Warr is gushing about THE RED PYRAMID. Click HERE to see why.
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week
- The Mundie Moms are always huge supporters of middle grade. Click HERE for their Mundie Kids site.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time.
If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love on a Monday (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately--and please don't forget to say what book you're featuring) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links for the coming Monday. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!) (Also make sure the post you send me is a new post, not one from earlier in the week. I try to keep the content fresh)
If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.
Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!