Yep--still touring. I still have two events left--one you see below, and one in Idaho Falls on Friday, 11/13 at 6pm (see my events page for further details)
And if you're planning on coming to the Changing Hands event tomorrow, don't forget that we're doing something special at that event. Everyone who comes wearing a cape will get a special EXCLUSIVE swaggish button you can see in the photo below, which I haven't given out anywhere else (and don't worry about feeling silly--I'll totally be wearing a cape too!)
Lots of you are also asking about when you'll get your swag pack from the NEVERSEEN pre-order giveaway, and the answer is SOON. I promise they'll go in the mail as soon as I'm home from tour to assemble them. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.
Also, if you missed the pre-order giveaway, you still have a way to get a swag pack--but only through 11/10. If you call Changing Hands and order a signed copy of NEVERSEEN by 7pm (AZ time), or place an order through their website (go HERE). Any books purchased through Changing Hands will not only come with the swag pack everyone got through the pre-order giveaway, but it'll come with the extra character art postcard and the alicorn button too. But this offer only lasts through tomorrow so better jump on it if you don't want to miss out.
Okay--on to the MMGM links! (And sorry if I missed you. I have another EARLY day tomorrow so I'm scrambling a bit)
- Mark Baker is featuring another one of my books, so once again I must put on my Shameless Author Hat. But this time he's reviewing NEVERSEEN (eeeeeee, I have yet to read any reviews for the book!!!) Click HERE to see what he thought.
- Michael Gettel-Gilmarten is *also* making me put on my Shameless Author Hat, with a post this week called "I met Shannon Messenger"--which he did! It's always so fun to meet people who follow this blog. HERE's his thoughts on the experience.
- Carl at Boys Rule Boys Read has a blast from the past with THE LAST RIVER . Click HERE for his feature.
- Greg Pattridge wants everyone to go with him on THE WORST CLASS TRIP EVER. Click HERE to read his thoughts.
- Sheri Larson has a guest post from author Sean Cummings, and a GIVEAWAY of TO CATCH A CAT THIEF. Click HERE for all the fun.
- Kim Aippersbach once again has two features: WISH GIRL and MY LIFE IN DIORAMAS. Click HERE to see what she thought.
- Suzanne Warr is gushing about THE VOLCANO GODDESS WILL SEE YOU NOW. Click HERE for her review.
- The Mundie Moms are always huge supporters of middle grade. Click HERE for their Mundie Kids site.
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time!
If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love on a Monday (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately--and please don't forget to say what book you're featuring) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links for the coming Monday. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!) (Also make sure the post you send me is a new post, not one from earlier in the week. I try to keep the content fresh)
If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.
Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!