Monday, June 9, 2014

MMGM Shoutout: The Charmed Life Series, by Lisa Schroeder (plus the 6/9/14 links)

Just got back from a crazy-awesome weekend at Phoenix Comicon, but I'm hoping I have enough brainpower left to put together another MMGM shoutout. This week it's for a new series that just launched that I am SO EXCITED about: The Charmed Life series, by Lisa Schroeder.


Books one and two (CAITLIN'S LUCKY CHARM and MIA'S GOLDEN BIRD) just came out a couple of weeks ago (how cool is it that they came out the same day?) And while I haven't had a chance to read them yet, I am DYING to. I love Lisa's other middle grade books (well, actually, I love ALL her books, both middle grade and YA) so I have no doubt these will be just as amazing. Especially when you consider that the basic concept of the series is a sort of "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" but with a charm bracelet connecting the girls instead. LOVE.

If you'd like to know more about the books, or want to add them to your goodreads shelves, you can do that HERE and HERE.

And now, on to the links!
- Jess at Reading Nook has a review and a GIVEAWAY for THE EIGHTH DAY. Click HERE for details. 
- Sher A. Heart is caught up in 30 DAYS OF NO GOSSIP. Click HERE to see what she thought. 
- Suzanne Warr is cheering for THE FALSE PRINCE. Click HERE to see her spotlight.  
- Jennifer at 5 Minutes For Books is highlighting HILDA AND THE BLACK HOUND. Click HERE to read her review.
- Susan Olson is feeling the magic of MY FAIR GODMOTHER. Click HERE to see why. 
 - Katie Fitzgerald is ready for a REVOLUTION. Click HERE to see what she thought. 
- Michelle Isenhoff is in love with KIBBLE TALK. Click HERE to see why.
- Andrea Mack is spotlighting ONE CAME HOME. Click HERE to see her review.
- Jenni Enzor is cheering for MAY B. Click HERE to read her feature. 
- Greg Pattridge is part of the IT'S NOT JUST A DOG blog tour.  Click HERE for all the fun.
- Dorine White is on the edge of her seat for THE INFINITY RING #1: A MUTINY IN TIME. Click HERE to see her feature.  
- The Mundie Moms are always part of the MMGM fun (YAY!). Click HERE to see their newest recommendations. And if you aren't also following their Mundie Kids site, get thee over THERE and check out all the awesome! 
- The lovely Shannon O'Donnell always has an MMGM ready for you! Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time!
- Jennifer Rumberger always has an awesome MMGM feature on her blog. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.    
- Pam Torres always has an MMGM up on her blog. Click HERE to see what she's spotlighting this week.
- Deb Marshall is a MMGM regular. Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week.
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.  



If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!)

If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.

Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!


*Please note: these posts are not a reflection of my own opinions on the books featured. Each blogger is responsible for their own MMGM content and I do not pre-screen reviews ahead of time, nor do I control what books they choose. I simply assemble the list based on the links that are emailed to me. 

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the Lucky Charm books, and thought that the covers were great for #WeNeedDiverseBooks. I just read her new YA book, too-- The Bridge from Me to You. Have a review up today of Babe Conquers the World and Furious Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun series! I will have to check it out.

    Thanks for putting together all of these links! I have some exploring to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, so thanks for the head's up on these Charmed books. I hadn't come across them. Yay for more books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for summer reading for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound fun. I'll have to let my granddaughter know about them. I guess I got my info in too late for the list. I do have a giveaway this week. http://rosihollinbeckthewritestuff.blogspot.com/2014/06/orion-poe-and-lost-explorer-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tagged you for the Sunflower award! http://entreads.blogspot.com/2014/06/sunflower-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the mmgm links and the links to Charmed Life books...added to my goodreads!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3