Monday, June 2, 2014

MMGM Shout Out: ICEFALL, by Matthew Kirby (Plus the 6/2/14 links)

Trying to get back on track after all the chaos of the last few weeks, so I actually have an MMGM shoutout this week. It's for a book I read--and LOVED--recently: ICEFALL, by Matthew Kirby:


And I know some of you are probably thinking, "seriously, Shannon? You're just NOW reading this?" To which I must sheepishly admit that originally I hadn't been all that interested in this book. I honestly don't know why. I'd heard a ton of amazing things about it. But for some reason it didn't sound like the kind of book I wanted to read, until recently when I was in the mood for something a little different and decided to give it a try. I loved every single page and am now kicking myself for missing out on such awesomeness for all this time.  

So if you're like me, and have been seriously missing the boat with this one, HERE's a goodreads link so you can add it to your shelves. I promise, you won't regret it. I'll now read anything Matthew Kirby writes.

And now, onto the MMGM links:
- Akossiwa Ketoglo is teaching everyone HOW TO OUTRUN A CROCODILE WHEN YOUR SHOELACES ARE UNTIED. Click HERE to see what she thought. 
- Barbara Watson is CHASING THE MILKY WAY--with an ARC GIVEAWAY. Click HERE for details. 
- Suzanne Warr is learning the RULES. Click HERE to see her spotlight.  
- Jennifer at 5 Minutes For Books is chillin' for COOL BEANS: THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF BEANBOY. Click HERE to read her review.
- Susan Olson is feeling SEVEN STORIES UP. Click HERE to see why. 
 - Katie Fitzgerald is singing praises for THREE BIRD SUMMER. Click HERE to read her feature. 
- Michael Gettel-Gilmarten is caught up in THE SUMMER I SAVED THE WORLD... IN 65 DAYS. Click HERE to see why.
- Rcubed is cheering for MADISON MORGAN: WHEN DOGS BLOG. Click HERE to see what she has to say. 
- Jenni Enzor is raving about ODIN'S PROMISE. Click HERE to see why. 
- Greg Pattridge is spotlighting JACK STRONG TAKES A STAND.  Click HERE to see his review. 
- Shari Larsen has chills for ICE DOGS. Click HERE to see her feature.  
- Rosi Hollinbeck is reviewing--and GIVING AWAY--a copy of UNDER THE EGG. Click HERE for all the fun. 
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.  
- The Mundie Moms are always part of the MMGM fun (YAY!). Click HERE to see their newest recommendations. And if you aren't also following their Mundie Kids site, get thee over THERE and check out all the awesome! 
- The lovely Shannon O'Donnell always has an MMGM ready for you! Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time!
- Jennifer Rumberger always has an awesome MMGM feature on her blog. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.    
- Pam Torres always has an MMGM up on her blog. Click HERE to see what she's spotlighting this week.
- Deb Marshall is a MMGM regular. Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week.


If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!)

If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.

Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!


*Please note: these posts are not a reflection of my own opinions on the books featured. Each blogger is responsible for their own MMGM content and I do not pre-screen reviews ahead of time, nor do I control what books they choose. I simply assemble the list based on the links that are emailed to me. 

8 comments:

  1. I have a review of Three Bird Summer and Another Day as Emily posted today. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S'okay Shannon...I am just getting to this one now, too. Man. It is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommend on ICEFALL. It somehow got lost in my list of books to read. I have properly moved it back to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not the only one! I haven't read this yet, either, although I've heard so many good things about it. Will be definitely checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Shannon. It took me a while to get around to reading ICEFALL, but when I did I couldn't put it down. Exquisite writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard all the great things about this one, too, but haven't read it yet. Sounds like I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't even heard of Icefall, so now my TBR list is even longer! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved ICEFALL when I read it. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3