Monday, February 24, 2014

MMGM Shout Out: SORRY YOU'RE LOST (plus links)

I am officially buried with EVERBLAZE edits and LET THE STORM BREAK launch stuff, but I'm feeling a little ashamed of the fact that it's almost March (OMG HOW DID THAT HAPPEN???) and I have yet to do a proper  MMGM. So I'm going to try something new.

From now on I'm going to try to at least give a quick shout-out to a middle grade book I've either bought or am planning to buy or hearing good things about or in the process of reading whatever. That way I spread at least SOME middle grade love every week, even if I'm too buried to do a full feature.

So for this week, my shout out goes to SORRY YOU'RE LOST, by Matt Blackstone, the book I started reading before I got slammed with edits and had to drop everything:


I've sadly only read about three chapters (seriously, I'd only been reading for like 20 minutes when the doorbell rang with the giant envelope of deadlined work from S&S). But I can't wait to get back to it--not just because Matt's writing is so strong, but because I love the idea of this book so much. It's a dealing-with-loss-from-cancer kind of book--but its FUNNY. Which is such an important thing for kids who are going through something like that, imho. As soon as I meet this deadline I am diving back in.
If you would like more info about it, you can find it on Goodreads HERE. And make sure you also check out these other MMGMs happening throughout the blogosphere:
-  Charlotte Ritchie joins the MMGM fun with a feature on CONFESSIONS OF A SO-CALLED MIDDLE CHILD. Click HERE to welcome her to the group. 
- Birdie Reader is singing praises for NUMBER THE STARS--with a GIVEAWAY! Click HERE for details.  
 - Susan Olson is in love with FOUND (The Missing, book 1). Click HERE to see what she thought.
- Sue Heavenrich is highlighting FAMOUS LAST WORDS. Click HERE to see why.
- Barbara Watson has feels for BELOW. Click HERE to see her feature. 
- Michael Gettel-Gilmarten is caught up in ESCAPE FROM MR. LIMONCELLO'S LIBRARY. Click HERE to see what he thought. 
- Greg Pattridge is taking it to THE SEVENTH LEVEL.  Click HERE to see why.
- Daniel Johnston is gushing about TWO HOT DOGS WITH EVERYTHING. Click HERE for his review.   
- Shari Larsen has chills for CASE FILE 13: ZOMBIE KID. Click HERE to see what she thought. 
- Dorine White has an awesome 2-book GIVEAWAY going on. Click HERE to see what's up for grabs.  
- The Mundie Moms are always part of the MMGM fun (YAY!). Click HERE to see their newest recommendations. And if you aren't also following their Mundie Kids site, get thee over THERE and check out all the awesome!    
- The lovely Shannon O'Donnell always has an MMGM ready for you! Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time!   
- Jennifer Rumberger always has an awesome MMGM feature on her blog. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.   
- Pam Torres always has an MMGM up on her blog. Click HERE to see what she's spotlighting this week.
- Deb Marshall is a MMGM regular. Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week.
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week. 


If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!)

If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.

Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!


*Please note: these posts are not a reflection of my own opinions on the books featured. Each blogger is responsible for their own MMGM content and I do not pre-screen reviews ahead of time, nor do I control what books they choose. I simply assemble the list based on the links that are emailed to me.

7 comments:

  1. Your new approach sounds like a great way to share about books in a way you can handle. Good luck with the writing and your new book release,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added to my good reads, Shannon! Great idea for sharing...this is one my students will love I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lovely book--and I'm curious to see how he pulls of the humor. Thanks for hosting MMGM (my post went up a little too Monday to make the list, but it's up! http://suzannewarr.com/archives/2599) and woot for all kinds of good writing things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great way to spread word about MGs amidst your busyness! Thanks for always getting the links together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great book! Love the title!
    Here's my MMGM link, since it didn't seem to go through: jennienzor.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this sounds like a compelling book - one that (unfortunately) many kids will be able to relate to. Thanks for highlighting it; putting it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your new approach too, Shannon. Hope you come up for air soon.

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much!