Monday, October 28, 2013

MMGM Links (10/28/13)

Home again--though only briefly! I still have one last trip--to Arizona, for an awesome program called Club Read--and then I get a few months home. Which is especially awesome because--if you don't follow me on Istagram, Facebook, or Twitter--you might not have seen that my husband and I added a new member to our family this weekend:


ISN'T SHE PRECIOUS?????

We named her Melody Pond (anyone a fellow Whovian?) and she pretty much wins the prize for cutest, sweetest kitten ever. So I can't wait to be home with her (though I'm not sure how I'll get any writing done when there's so much kitten-cuteness to be enjoyed!!!)

But right--you're here for MMGM. Once again, all I have for you are links. But hopefully they're at least right:
- Natalie Aguirre (who I recently got to meet--yay!) is featuring EXILE (Keeper of the Lost Cities #2)--with a GIVEAWAY (which includes a copy of EXILE and a copy of LET THE SKY FALL!) Click HERE for all the details. 
- Melissa Gaynor with Sweet on Books joins the MMGM fun with a feature on ESCAPE FROM MR. LIMONCELLO'S LIBRARY. Click HERE to see what she thought.
- Mark Baker is caught up in MAGIC MARKS THE SPOT. Click HERE to see what he thought.  
- Jennifer at 5 Minutes for Books has a roundup of short middle grade books that pack a punch. Click HERE for all the fun! 
- Greg Pattridge is crazy for RULES Click HERE for his review.  
- Janet Smart is sharing three spooky reads for the season. Click HERE to see what they are. 
- Kim Aippersbach is highlighting THE WELLS BEQUEST. Click HERE to see what she thought. 
- Jennifer Rumberger is dishing about COUNTING BY SEVENS. Click HERE to see why. 
- Dorine White is cheering for MICKEY PRICE: JOURNEY TO OBLIVION. Click HERE to see what she thought. 
- Pam Torres always has an MMGM up on her blog. Click HERE to see what she's spotlighting this week.
- Deb Marshall is a MMGM regular. Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week. 
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week. 
- The Mundie Moms are always part of the MMGM fun (YAY!). Click HERE to see their newest recommendations. And if you aren't also following their Mundie Kids site, get thee over THERE and check out all the awesome!    
- The lovely Shannon O'Donnell always has an MMGM ready for you! Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time!  

If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!)

If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.

Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!


*Please note: these posts are not a reflection of my own opinions on the books featured. Each blogger is responsible for their own MMGM content and I do not pre-screen reviews ahead of time, nor do I control what books they choose. I simply assemble the list based on the links that are emailed to me.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Shannon. Didn't know about your Marvelous Middle-Grade Mondays, fantastic resource for Middle-Grade lovers like me. I just finished reading Keeper of the Lost Cities and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice post, i certainly love this website, keep on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You named your cat Pond? I like you already, fantastic-author-I've-never-met!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3