Monday, August 5, 2013

MMGM Links--plus updates and things! (8/5/13)

Okay, first---HOW IS IT AUGUST???????? 

I have no idea where this year has gone, but seriously, can someone slow down time--there are people with deadlines who need a couple of extra months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahem.

You can probably surmise from the above freakout that I have no MMGM this week. Deadlines + SCBWI LA + leaving for Texas in two days = AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Which reminds me. If you live in Austin, Dallas, or Houston, I hope to see you this week! You can find all the dates/locations for where I'll be HERE.

Also, you may not know this (because I keep forgetting to talk about it) but tomorrow (yes--TOMORROW) is the release of the paperback version of KEEPER (which--btw--has a sneak peek of EXILE inside!!!)--and I have a fun giveaway planned, with LOTS of winners. So make sure you check back. (and um, I messed up the scheduling on this, so if you already saw the contest and then saw it disappear--that's why. It'll be back up tomorrow once it's ready).

ALSO, also, I have a winner to announce! The winner of THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING is:


If that's you, please email me at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com with your address and I will send you your prize!

Okay, on to the MMGM links!*

- F.T. Bradley joins the MMGM fun with a feature on THE RELUCTANT ASSAIN. Click HERE to welcome her to the group.  
- David Wiley ALSO joins the MMGM fun with a feature on THE RUINS OF GORLAN. Click HERE to welcome him to the group. 
- 11-year-old Xander is giving a shout out to IN THE SEA THERE ARE CROCODILES. Click HERE to see what he thought.    
- Medeia Sharif doesn't want anyone to miss out on MISTER MAX: THE BOOK OF LOST THINGS. Click HERE to read her review. 
- Flash, the Feline Extraordinaire, (and Professional Mews to Cindy Strandvold) recommends FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX. Click HERE to see what that's all about.   
- Charlotte Taylor is singing praises for THE HEROES GUIDE TO STORMING THE CASTLE. Click HERE to see why.

- Dorine White has an interview with author Kirby Larson. Click HERE for all the fun.
- Jess from Reading Nook Reviews is back with an early review of THE YEAR OF SHADOWS. Click HERE to see what she thought. 
- Michelle Mason is sharing SECRETS FROM THE SLEEPING BAG. Click HERE to see what she thought.
- Laurel Holman is gushing about ARTEMIS FOWL. Click HERE to see her review 
- Deb Marshall is a MMGM regular. Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week. 

- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week. 
- The Mundie Moms are always part of the MMGM fun (YAY!). Click HERE to see their newest recommendations. And if you aren't also following their Mundie Kids site, get thee over THERE and check out all the awesome!    
- The lovely Shannon O'Donnell always has an MMGM ready for you! Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week!
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time!
- Pam Torres always has an MMGM up on her blog. Click HERE to see what she's spotlighting this week.


If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so I see it)

NOTE: I used to not have a cut-off time for adding links to the post, but with how insane my schedule is right now, if you don't email me by Sunday evening (usually around 11pm PST is when I put the links together) I can't guarantee I'll have a chance to add you. BUT, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you!


*Please note: these posts are not a reflection of my own opinions on the books featured. Each blogger is responsible for their own MMGM content and I do not pre-screen posts ahead of time, nor do I control what books they choose. I simply assemble the list based on the links that are emailed to me ahead of time


7 comments:

  1. I have a MMGM post up this week, too, of A. B. Westrick's BROTHERHOOD: http://faithehough.blogspot.com/2013/08/mmgm-brotherhood-by-b-westrick.html
    (I'm going to have to check and make sure that I didn't send the link to the wrong address--sorry about that, Shannon!)
    Even though I already have a copy of Keeper, I might just have to sneak into the bookstore to read the little bit of book 2 in the paperback. :) (Is that allowed? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! I have a MG nonfiction review posted today, but even more important-- information about the upcoming Cybils panelist application! Hope some middle grade bloggers consider applying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're super busy. Can't believe how much you've been traveling. Have fun in Texas. Wish I would be there when you are, but we went in June to visit my husband's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo. Happy paperback day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am confused. How did it become August? Where did the first seven months go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the paperback release. I've read the book and loved it. I'm amazed at how busy you are and you still manage to blog. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wheee! I'm so excited! Thank you, and as always, thanks for gathering all of these great MGers together for MMGM! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3