Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Disneyland + YA Authors = SO MUCH WIN!!!

Hey guys!

I know I've gone back to being a VERY bad blogger (sigh). I promise, I'm going to TRY to be better. But in the meantime, I wanted to give a quick update about an event I have coming up at the end of March that I'm SUPER excited about. 

Yes, that's right. An author event at DISNEYLAND. I mean, do you get anymore awesome than that??? I'm almost afraid it's so much awesome it's going to make the universe implode with awesome overload. 

Here's the official event info from the organizers:
What’s better than books? Nothing! But rollercoasters come close. On Saturday, March 30, 2013, sixteen of your favorite young adult authors will put on their mouse ears for THE YAPPIEST DAY ON EARTH, the first (that we know of) YA Day at Disneyland. Bloggers, booksellers, librarians, and fans are invited to come spend the day riding with authors and chatting about current and upcoming releases. The event will culminate with a group signing at the Anabella Hotel, across the street from California Adventure.

To participate, meet the authors inside the gates of Disneyland at 8:00 AM on March 30th. Or, join us at the book signing at 5:30 PM at the Anabella Hotel, 1030 W. Katella Ave. Those too far away to participate may order books to be autographed through Mysterious Galaxy’s website at http://mystgalaxy.com/.

Participating authors include: Elise Allen, Carrie Arcos, Sean Beaudoin, Jennifer Bosworth, Martha Brockenbrough, Cecil Castellucci, Rachel Cohn, Kevin Emerson, Chris Howard, Lish McBride, Gretchen McNeil, Robin Mellom, Shannon Messenger, Cat Patrick, Kasie West, and Gabrielle Zevin.
The day will be tweeted live by participating authors and fans, using the hashtag #YAPPIEST.

Event Breakdown:

When: Saturday, March 30, 2013 

8:00 AM 
All YAPPIEST participants should meet inside the gates of Disneyland. 
Look for the authors in YAPPIEST T-shirts! 

4:45 PM
 All YAPPIEST author/reader groups should meet in front of the entrance to the Tomorrowland Monorail Station to ride/walk to the signing location 

5:30 – 7:30 PM 
Group Book Signing Anabella Hotel
1030 W. Katella Ave
Anaheim, CA, 92802
Phone: 714-905-1050 


  1. I'm not sure I've ever read an event that's more you than this before!

  2. I'm so glad I live in SoCal! YAY!

  3. Sounds awesome. Wish I lived there and could go.

  4. That sounds like an absolute blast. Unfortunately, I'll be in Nor Cal that weekend for Easter.

  5. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
    wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog
    posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    Feel free to visit my weblog :: ava fx
    My web site: ava fx

  6. OMG Let The Sky Fall comes out on my birthday. Definitely reading now. :)
    Go March 5!

  7. This pretty much sounds like the greatest thing ever! AH!

    I cannot wait for Let the Sky Fall by the way! You're amazing and I love that you actually respond on Twitter. Thanks for the advice!

    Take care.

  8. Sounds like it will be an AWESOME day!

  9. How fun!!! I hope you enjoy yourself, Shannon. :)

    Only ten days until your newest book comes out...I preordered it ages ago, so I am looking forward to its arrival.

  10. Otheг ways to ρure grеen сoffеe еxtract it's important to note, my weight and waist circumference by 2 c. Sensible weight loss, only pure green coffee extractary cause of any weight loss methods of losing weight.

    Feel free to visit my web page :: luxuryguy.Kr

  11. You have made some decent points there. I checked on the web for additional information
    about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site.

    Feel free to surf to my website :: home fitness program free

  12. *SIGH* Oh, how I wish I could go to that! Sounds like it will be F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!! :)


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3