Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DONE! (Like, for realz this time!)

I feel like I've written a post like this a billion times already as I've reached my various deadlines for (the still untiled) KEEPER 2--BUT I'VE NEVER DONE IT WITH DANCING SMILEY FACES!!!!!

So see, it's like a whole new experience! 

And I brought out the big guns this time because I think I might actually be done this time. Like DONE done (though this is publishing so there will still be copyedits and first pass and proofreader queries and...) Which is especially miraculous because guys, I swear, there were so many points along the way where I thought I would never get here--and not just the frustrated sense of "I am so behind I will never get there." The terrifying OMG-I-do-not-know-if-I-can-make-this-plot-work-AHHHHHHH kind of panic. 

It was seriously, seriously bleak. And I have a post percolating on why this book broke my brain--plus a ton of other super exciting things to tell you guys about.

But dude, I am exhausted. 

So the dancing happy faces will have to do for today and I promise I will be back tomorrow with something more useful.

Thank you so much for all your support and cheering me on and bearing with me. 

You guys = AWESOME!


  1. Awesome Shannon that you got done. Congrats!

  2. Yay! :oD That's so awesome, congratulations!!

    And now I know for sure I'll get another Fitz/Keefe-fix ;o) haha <3

  3. Congratulations! Every milestone is worth celebrating, but especially ones like this! :) Enjoy a well-deserved nap!

  4. Yeah! You deserve to be doing the happy dance.

  5. Congrats, Shannon. Well done!

  6. Whooo hooo! Time to break out the fresh cupcakes!!!

  7. Great job getting it done! You are now on my list of people to be like. I'm definitely in the same boat you were right now.

  8. Congrats and thanks for the yellow dancers. They made me laugh.


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3