Friday, April 6, 2012

See Shannon ... Teach?

Believe it or not, I've been asked to teach.

I know, right?

Clearly they haven't been reading this blog, or they'd realize I will spend at least part of my lecture talking about cupcakes. But for the other, non-cupcake related part I'll be talking about one of the things I do actually know *something* about. Here's the flyer:

In case the graphic isn't loading right, here's the details:

Friday, April 20th 6-9pm
Pomona College, Room SCC-217
Subject: Creating a Killer Plot
Speaker: ME

The dinner is only for club members, but the workshop from 7-9 is open to anyone. So if you live in SoCal, and want to watch me try to sound smart (and fill the awkward silences with in-depth cupcake discussion) feel free to join us. I promise I will do my best to make it worth while. (*dusts off tap shoes* *practices jazz hands*)

I *believe* the workshop is free--but don't quote me on that (I'm just the speaker, what do I know?) and if you decide to go, make sure you email them ahead of time so they know to have enough chairs: 

christinabejjani (at) gmail (dot) com

And for those of you who can't go, I will try to eventually put together a blog post on the same topic. So if there's anything you've ever wanted to know about plotting please, feel free to ask away in the comments. I will definitely do my best to answer. Or... ramble about cupcakes. One of the two.

Hope to see some of you there!

Have a great weekend everyone!


  1. Awww Good Luck Shannon!! I for one would love to see your jazz hands and tap dancing! :-) Yay!! Oh but seriously - enjoy!

    Take care

  2. Glad you'll post some of your class here. Awesome you'll be teaching a class.

  3. Cool, Shannon! You're so brave to be willing to stand in front of everybody and talk about creating a killer plot. So how do you plot out your books? I would like to know your technique on it. :)

  4. Congratulations. You will have fun and you'll do great.

  5. Good luck! Also, any discussion involving cupcakes is sure to be brilliant. :)

  6. Awesome! You'll do great!

  7. I'm going to try to attend! So glad you tweeted about this AND that you're in SoCal. yay! ;-)

  8. This is so exciting! I wish I could be there to cheer you on.
    : )

  9. I wish, wish, wish I could be there!!!!! I know you'll be awesome. :-)

  10. That's so awesome, Shannon. Wish I could go.

  11. Awesome!!! I wished I lived a whole lot closer :)

  12. Sounds like a blast, Shannon! And congrats! I so wish I could be there! Plots are my nemesis.

    And now I want a cupcake. =)

  13. Sounds like a GREAT workshop - too bad I live at practically the other end of North America. Have a great time.

  14. AWESOME! Some questions I have:
    What's your process while Plotting- particularly when it comes to either MG/YA Fantasy?
    How do you know when the amount of research you have is enough for plotting or not enough?
    How do you go about plotting out scenes or chapters?
    What are some tips you have on making the process easier?

  15. How fun! You'll do great, Shannon!


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3