Monday, April 16, 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday: All the incredible links!

*Sigh* Yet another week where I haven't had time to read. (UGH! *stares at pretty, unread books* *stares more*)

So once again I have no MMGM feature of my own. But fortunately, there's still lots of awesome middle grade love going on today.

In fact, I want to take a second to thank all of you for supporting the meme and spreading the love for so many amazing books. I'm blown away by how many bloggers participate and it's so awesome to see middle grade getting a bigger presence in the blogosphere. Basically--you guys rock! And I promise I will be back on track as soon as book 2 is done. In the meantime, check out these awesome links:
- The Mundie Moms are now part of the MMGM fun (eee!). Click HERE to see their newest recommendations. And if you aren't also following their Mundie Kids site, get thee over THERE and check out all the awesome! 
- The lovely Shannon O'Donnell always has an MMGM ready for you! Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week!    
 Karen Yingling also always has some MMGM recommendations for you. This weeks she's cheering for BITTERSWEET SUMMER and BITTERSWEET. Click HERE to see why  
- Barbara Watson has a special middle grade review written by an actual middle grader (her daughter). Click HERE to see what she thinks about THE SHIFTER. 
- Michelle Isenhoff is featuring THE PENDERWICKS. Click HERE to learn why she thinks it's a 'must-read'.
- Natalie Aguirre is interviewing Ruth McNally Barshaw and GIVING AWAY signed copies of 2 of her Ellie McDoodle books!  Click HERE for all the details.  
- Laurisa Reyes has a fabulous feature--and a GIVEAWAY--for the adorable NEVERSINK. Click HERE for all the fun.   
- Andrea Mack is raving about ICEFALL Click HERE to learn more about it   
- Joanne Fritz is celebrating THE MAPMAKER AND THE GHOST with a guest post from the author. Click HERE to read more.   
- Jennifer Rumberger is cheering for THE HUMMING ROOM (one of my favorites). Click HERE to see what she thinks.  
- Dorine White joins the MMGM fun with a feature on THE BATTLE BEGINS.  Click HERE to welcome her to the group! 
- Brennan and Meyrick Murphy are championing MEDUSA THE MEAN. Click HERE to see why Meyrick loved it. 
- Susan Olson has two recommendations for you this week: TIME FOR ANDREW: A GHOST STORY and THE BOOK OF STORY BEGINNINGS.  Click HERE to see more.   
- Natalie Dias Lorenzi--another MMGM newcomer--makes her debut with an interview with author Joanne Rocklin. Click HERE to welcome her to the fun!  

If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so I see it)

I used to not have a cut-off time for adding links to the post, but with how insane my schedule is right now, if you don't email me by Sunday evening (usually around 11pm PST is when I put the links together) I can't guarantee I'll have a chance to add you. BUT, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you!

**Also: Thanks to a boatload of spam--and my missing a bunch of important emails because of it--I'm now using a new email address. So make sure you update your records because I'm slowly phasing the other address out. New email is: SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. Hopefully now I won't miss some of your MMGMs, like I have been.**


  1. Thanks for sharing the links. I do hope you get time to read soon. Because I know you love reading and I love your book recommendations.

  2. Thank you so much for all of the incredible links! Can't wait to check each one of them out :)

  3. Ooo, nice round up of awesome...looking forward to checking them all out. Thanks for the linkage, Shannon!!

  4. Wow, what a list! Here's one to add from my blog Adventures in Writing & Publishing: MMGM review of 'The Fashion Disaster that Changed my Life" by Lauren Myracle.
    Lisa Ard
    Author of 'Fright Flight, Dream Seekers Book One'

  5. That is a great list! I wish I had time to read all those wonderful books. Try as I might, I didn't get my middle-grade review ready in time to make the list, so here's another.
    Thanks for doing this.

  6. I just love MMGM! Thanks for doing this, Shannon.

  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

  8. Wow, the list gets longer and longer! Thanks for the linkage, as always, Shannon!!

  9. Lots of great links to check out. : ) Thanks!

  10. So many great books to read! Thanks for the links :)


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3