Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Author Appreciation Blog Tour: Myra McEntire

Not sure if you've already seen a few of these posts floating around the blogosphere, but myself and a group of fellow bloggers have all teamed up today to pay tribute to an author who is every bit as incredible as her books. The hilarious and fabulous Myra McEntire.


Why Myra?

Well, we all have our own reasons to celebrate her awesomeness. Maybe it's her hilarious tweets or her sweet and steamy books. For me, it's more personal than that--though that may be because I'm lucky enough to *know* Myra a little.

Myra is exactly the kind of author I want to be. Classy (well, when she's not tweeting about Moonshine and pimped-out big wheels--then she's just my favorite person ever), kind, generous, supportive, and most importantly, REAL. She's not afraid to be herself, whether it be admitting that she's running out for emergency chocolate in frumpy flannel, or being the one to jump in with a blog post that says everything I'd been thinking but couldn't figure out how to say.

I value her opinion so highly that she was the friend I turned to when I needed one. more. opinion. on the early chapters of LET THE SKY FALL to make sure I wasn't crazy for thinking I could write YA. And it was her sweet, encouraging response that gave me the courage to finally send pages to my agent.

So if you aren't following this amazing lady on Twitter or her blog you NEED to. And if you haven't read HOURGLASS--or pre-ordered TIMEPIECE--here are some handy ways to do just that:

To Pre-Order TIMEPIECE:

To order HOURGLASS:


And to see more reasons why Myra is an author you NEED to know, check out these other links:

18 comments:

  1. She is such a sweet and generous person. I thnk it's the first thing everyone says about her. Well, that and how well she maneuvers through awkward situations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how I will probably get fitted with an ankle bracelet one day if I don't stop staring at Robward through the shrubbery outside his home.

      Delete
  2. Such an awesome idea. I've got to read Myra's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes. Those first two paragraphs after "Why Myra?" say it all for me, too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ladies. My heart is so full today.

      Delete
  4. She gives her advice so gently and perfectly, doesn't she? Reminds me of another person I know... *cough*SHANNON*cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon is sweetness wrapped up in sassy candy shell. Like an M and M but cuter.

      Delete
  5. LOVE this! Her books are on my way-too-long wish list. I'll have to bump them up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. All of this is just yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy TIMEPIECE! EEEEE!

      Delete
  8. Miss Shannon -

    You are an absolutely remarkable writer - the kind who tells a story with layers and emotions and intent - and it would be unforgivable if your words weren't shared with readers.

    It only took a few paragraphs for me to know that LET THE SKY FALL is as special and as unique as you are. I can't wait for the world to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, fun! Myra is awesome! I feel bad I missed getting to spotlight her too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at your author photo, then hers . . . You two could be sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shannon, fantastic blog. Just wanted to say i wish you all the continued success with your writing.
    P.S- Your head shots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3