Friday, April 20, 2012

Are you ready for some shenanigans????

I sure hope so, because I am packing them up and bringing them all over the place. (So if you can't handle my crazy you'd best consider fleeing).

It's going to be a CRAZY year with all kinds of events and things and places to find me--if you're so inclined. So I've gone ahead and added an Appearances page to this blog to help you all keep track, and I will be updating it regularly as things confirm / get added. But in case you don't feel like clicking over, here's some details on some upcoming events:

April 20th 6-9pm (hey--that's TONIGHT! OMG!)
Pomona College, Room SCC-217
The 5 Cs Out Loud is hosting a special dinner and workshop, where I will be giving a lecture on "Creating a Killer Plot!" (and *trying* to sound as smart as possible. If I can't pull that off I promise lots of Shannon Shame). The dinner is only for club members, but the workshop is open to anyone. Just email ahead of time so they know to have enough chairs.  For more details, or to let them know you're coming, contact christinabejjani (at) gmail (dot) com

April 21
LA Times Festival of Books
I am there as a fan, not officially--and I'm not sure which panels I'm hitting, but I'll be "around". So if you spot a giggling blonde girl feel free to come over and say Hi!

Saturday, May 19th 2-5 pm
Still getting all the details on exactly what I'll be doing, but I'll be there for sure and will update as soon as I know more. You're also welcome to contact the organizers--contact info is on their website.

June 4-8 
Book Expo of America 
I'm still getting all the details on my schedule, so I don't know all the where/whens yet--but I will BE THERE. All week, in fact. And so far I can confirm that you WILL be able to get KEEPER ARCs there--and I will even be doing an autographing session on Tuesday, June 5th from 10:30 am - 11:00 am. You can find details on that HERE. I'll also be doing a meet and greet with some of my fellow Apocalypsies on Tuesday from 3-5pm. Details on all of that can be found HERE. And lots more to come on this. There are several other events I'll be at, but I don't have all the final info yet.

June 21-25
ALA Annual Summer Conference
One of my favorite conferences of the year and I'm SO excited it's in Anaheim this time. You will find me stalking all the booths and seeing all the people and probably crashing all the parties. More details to come as I have them.

July 11-15
Comic-Con San Diego
I'm not sure if I'm doing anything officially, but I'm SO there (though maybe NOT in costume this year...) You'll for sure find me at all the book panels and hunting for Batman swaggish things. 

Hee, I love how many times I had to say, "I don't know the details". What can I say--let's call it a work in progress. And like I said, more details WILL be added as I know them. 

Plus there are lots of other exciting things in the works too (including the launch parties for KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES--and yes, I said parties plural). But all that stuff is still very much in the planning stages, so I will update you on all of that once I have a few more things ironed out. Check back soon!

And if you think/know you're going to be at any of these places PLEASE let me know so I can try to keep an eye out for you.  Though fair warning: I tend to be a bit overwhelmed/oblivious in crowds, so there's a very very VERY good possibility I will walk right past you without noticing. If I do, you're welcome to shout things at me. Or throw things at me. Just nothing sharp please. Or sticky. :) 


  1. Wow! You are simply amazing. I enjoy your enthusiasm and find it incredibly infectious. Go get 'em Shannon!

  2. Sorry I can't be at one of your events. But glad I'll be part of the book launch. Sounds like you'll have a great time.

    Did you hear Casey's and my news? We made the Writer's Digest 101 Best Website list for "Everything Agents". We're so excited!

  3. How can you NOT go in costume???? Are you doing a book tour when the book hits stores? Please say you'll come to Texas. It would be awesome 1000 times over. For me anyway. And somehow it always ends up being about me :)

  4. Busy bee! I wish I could meet you at ALA this year, but that is sadly not gonna happen. :(

    Have fun this summer!

  5. Awwww no yelling at Shannon please!!

    Oh wow!! What a schedule!! Good luck and enjoy!! Shenanigans are always good!!

    Take care

  6. You are definitely a BUSY woman, #1. One of these days, I am going to show up in front of you and squeeeeee! :-)

  7. Wow! So much awesomeness!!!

    If you want to do a spot on my blog for your release, you are more than welcome :)

  8. I'll be seein' ya tomorrow and at ALA! :-D

  9. I hope they get you up here to read at Powells!

  10. You are going to be one busy lady, not that you aren't already.
    : )


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3