Thursday, January 19, 2012

Welcome new Bookanistas!!!!

Sorry guys--didn't have time for a Bookanista Review (will be back next week with an AWESOME one, I promise)--but that doesn't mean I don't have some exciting Bookanista news to share!!!!!!

Everyone--put your hands together (hee, I love when I get to sound like an MC) for our SUPER-FAB new Bookanistas:

 
                                         Gennifer Albin                           Jessica Love

                                         Tracy Banghart                                  Hilary Wagner


Yay!!!

*tosses confetti*

Welcome to the madness, ladies!

(Also, I SO did not give a proper shout out to the other three lovely ladies who joined us a few months back--SORRY Nikki, Debra, and Katy! You guys are just as awesome--if not more so. I'm just lame!)

As you can tell, we've had a few shifts around here in Bookanista land. Some of us are taking short hiatuses (I may need to do the same in a couple months--we'll see.) A few have even had to leave--and while it's SO sad to see them go, it's also exciting to have some new members. Yay for getting to know more writers!

Also, have to take a second and give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to the lovely and talented Megan Miranda (fellow Bookanista extraordinaire) whose novel FRACTURE just hit stores this week:

Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine

-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.

Trust me guys--you do NOT want to miss out on this one! Get thee to the book store!

And that's all for today. But for more fabulous book recommendations, check out what my fellow Bookanistas are talking about:

Gennifer Albin joins the Bookanistas with a great giveaway
Christine Fonseca  is wild about WOLFSBANE
LiLa Roecker  adores AUSTENTATIOUS
Stasia Ward Kehoe gives cover love to GETTING SOMEWHERE
Nikki Katz takes a shine to UNDER THE NEVER SKY
Katy Upperman is dazzled by A MILLION SUNS
Tracy Banghart is wowed by ON FORTUNE’S WHEEL

10 comments:

  1. Great that other authors are joining the group. And I can't wait to read Fracture. Thanks for shouting out about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know some of those gals and love them. Yay and congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Fracture right now, and I'm already hooked!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcome, Shannon! I'm so, so excited to be part of this group! And WOW...Fracture sounds amazing!! Going on my TBR pile for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Congrats to the new additions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shall get me to a book store!

    And welcome to the newest Bookanistas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo! Thanks for the wonderful welcome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the welcome! I'm so excited to be in the gang!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3