Friday, January 27, 2012


One car... 

                Two authors hopped up on soda and candy....

                                                                                           ENDLESS possibilities for shenanigans!!!

Yes, that's right--if you need me, I'm not here. 

I'm in the middle of the Arizona desert, driving to Changing Hands Bookstore with specially chosen playlists of music, massive quantities of sugar, and Kiersten White clinging white-knuckled to her seatbelt and wondering why she chose to put her life in the hands of a sugar-crazed blonde.

Yes, it is going to be EPIC!

Kiersten is going because she is one of the awesome authors at Changing Hands' YAllapalooza this weekend.

*I* am going to hang with the authors and hope they don't realize I've snuck my way into the cool people club through plotting and scheming. Oh, and to see my ever-awesome friend Faith (aka the Book Babe) and soak up whatever wisdom about surviving my debut year she's willing to offer. 

Plus manicures.

So yeah, it's looking to be a VERY exciting weekend.  Especially since Kiersten and I are rooming together. Poor thing has NO idea what she's in for.

But I'll be back Sunday to pick contest winners, and back Monday for a VERY exciting week. So stay tuned everyone. And have a great weekend!


  1. Sounds like fun. Enjoy it. I'll be having 3 teenagers over to make a cake with my daughter for her boyfriend and then another of her friends over for a sleepover.

  2. Hey...have the best time and try not to spend too much money on books! Bahahahahaha...

  3. Is Kiersten too short to reach the pedals? Because it seems like you're always driving her everywhere. Just sayin.

  4. Sounds like company. I hope you all have a super time.

  5. Thanks for the warning...I'll try and stay off the road! (hahaha!)

    Have a blast, girls!


  6. So fabulous. Don't drink too much soda!! Have a great time.

  7. Sounds like a blast. I've always wanted to go on a road trip with a friend, somehow something always prevents it. Anyways have fun. And I have no idea what it is with passengers clinging so tightly to seat belts and 'oh shit' bars, it is clearly them not our driving ;)

  8. Have a great time, you two wild and crazy girls! Enjoy the ride!

  9. Awww
    You're coming right next door to me and I can't even go. :(
    I hope you come back in 2013.

  10. This post totally made me laugh. Enjoy the trip!

  11. Have a crazy-fun but SAFE trip. I can't wait for your VERY exciting week, #1. Is it Monday yet? :-)

  12. AHHH!! That's amazing! I can't say I'm not jealous!! Have a great time and be safe!

  13. I'll be there, too, Shannon! See you then :)


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3