Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Book Babe Spotlight: Author Robin Brande

If you've been following my blog for a bit you're probably aware of how much I adore my awesome friend Faith, a.k.a. the Book Babe.


But what you might not know is that in addition to her being a mentor and cheerleader--and offering incredible editing services--she is also the most amazing source for book recommendations. In fact, I discovered several of my favorite authors because of Faith--and nothing makes me happier than one of her gushy emails telling me about a book I HAVE to read.

And I realized it isn't right to keep all those amazing book recommendations to myself. So Faith has been  awesome enough to agree to occasionally put together spotlights on some of her favorite authors, so she can tell you herself why you need to discover these fabulous reads.

So without further ado, I give you The Book Babe:

A huge giant thanks to Shannon for letting me guest blog. I am so excited to be able to do this!


I want to tell you all about the amazingness that is Robin Brande. She is an incredible person, a wonderful friend and she is also one of the best writers I have ever met. I am talking Top 10.


I first discovered her when she was a debut novelist with her book Evolution, Me and Other Freaks of Nature and I have been a stalwart fan ever since. Evolution was followed by Fat Cat, then DogGirl and then a series of short stories. Each novel better than the last.


One of my favorite things about Robin is her ability to take complex subjects and make them accessible to all of her readers, regardless of age. Her latest series, Parallelogram, has done that in more ways than I ever thought possible. She has somehow managed to break down Quantum Physics and make it easily understandable by anyone who reads it. The first title, Into the Parallel, follows Audie Masters, a girl who manages to catapult herself into an alternate reality. There she meets herself, albeit a different version named Halli, and the two become as inseparable as two girls from alternate universes can be. As Audie explores her new found ability, she learns much about herself and her alternate self and soon discovers that the smallest changes can literally make a world of difference.


Also, there is a super hot guy named Daniel. Which basically means that Robin has written a Quantum Physics love story!


Seriously, how amazing is that?!


Book 2, Caught in the Parallel, is just as good as the first one. I won't summarize for fear of ruining the ending of Book 1. But, I will say that Caught in the Parallel it is just as enjoyable as Into the Parallel.


This series is by far Robin’s best work, thereby earning it’s way into my heart and onto my list of All Time Favorite Series Ever.


I do realize that this series might not be for everyone. It is really only for people who like to read good books!


For all you teachers and librarians out there, all of Robin's books are appropriate for readers ages 13 and up. I highly recommend all of them!


All of Robin's books are available in print form as well as digital format. You can find more information on her website.


Happy Reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Faith Hochhalter, aka The Book Babe (so dubbed by James Owen and Stephenie Meyer), has been a Children’s Book Buyer for 9 years. She currently works as a Jr High Librarian and serves as the Chair of the Literature Advisory Committee for Kids Need to Read, a national Literary Non-Profit. In her spare time, she does freelance content editing in an effort to help bring new amazing authors to the book industry. You can find her online at iamthebookbabe.com or kidsneedtoread.org.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like awesome books. I'll have to check them out. And looking forward to more book recommendations Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, it's a pleasure to meet you! Your enthusiasm alone has me hooked. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feature and yes...a must read author now. Thanks Shannon and Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, both links aren't working in Faith's bio. I'd love to find out more about kidsneedtoread.org. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have already hopped over to amazon and wish-listed the books. I'll be buying them on payday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you, Faith. :) I loved Fat Cat--Robin Brand's character development is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to concur on all counts: Faith is awesome and Robin Brands's writing is the best out there. Thanks, Shannon, for spotlighting two wonderful women of the literary - or any other - world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a definite soft spot in my heart for any kind of physics, so I am definitely going to be picking up the Parallelogram series! Thanks for the recommendation, Faith! And thanks, Shannon, for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED Fat Cat! Excellent writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek--sorry about the broken links. They're fixed now. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great guest post, Faith! Thanks for the book recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3