Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A New Look for the New Year!!!

Okay, I know it's not *technically* 2012 yet--but what can I say? I'm impatient--and I HAD to launch my shiny new blog design the second it was ready.

ISN'T IT PRETTY?????????????????????

I've been blogging for two and a half years and this is my first time having an actual, custom template/header. It's so cool to have one that's just so... me. Every tiny detail is 100% Shannon now. A perfect way to start what will probably be one of the most exciting years of my life--the year my book finally hits shelves!!!!

MORE EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hee--can you guys tell I'm writing this with a fever? Stupid head cold won't go away!)

Anyway, huge, HUGE thanks go to my friend Erin Bowman, who seriously deserves a prize for her long suffering and patience (and ability to wade through lengthy emails filled with lots of, "maybe we should try this, or THIS or THIS!!!!!!!") and coming up with this PERFECT design. I pretty much owe her a lifetime supply of cupcakes. Or maybe my first born child. (Erin, if it were me--I'd go with the cupcakes) ;)

And btw, if you guys don't know Erin already I STRONGLY recommend you get thee to her blog straight away. Not only is she one of the sweetest people ever, but she's an incredibly talented writer with a crazy-awesome YA trilogy launching in 2013. Trust me--you want to know her. And you want to read TAKEN.

Okay, I *think* that's enough all caps and exclamation mark abuse for one day (well... maybe FEW more) (!!!!!!!!!!!).

There. That should do it. See you guys tomorrow for a contest and Friday for a special end-of-the-year post. Hope you're all having a good week!

34 comments:

  1. WooHOO! Looks great. Congrats! Esp. like how the colors come together in the header! Will be sure to check out Erin's blog.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks awesome - love the new look. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! You weren't kidding. It is very pretty! Aw, I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look :) It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new look! It's simple but pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I DO like your blog makeover; very nice. :) Hope you shed your fever soon! Happy Almost-2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!

    BTW, I read a book last night that thanked you in the acknowlegements. Like I didn't already wish I'd written it! I am still green with envy.

    Hourglass by Myra McEntire. I was up until 1:30 in the morning. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! I'm so glad you love the new design, and thank you so very much for the shout-out! :)

    Here's to a fantastic 2012!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new blog header. It's so cool. SO excited for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new design! Simple, yet polished looking. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful - and I love your picture, too!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. snazzy! congrats on the new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I like it! It's very dramatic! Happy early New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for your amazing new look blog!!! Feels very Parisienne! Oooh la la! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks fantastic, Shannon! Very personal and very you. Great things are coming your way, I can feel it. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! That is an awesome banner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog looks fantastic! Happy New Year, Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm jealous!!!!

    I want to revamp my blog and I have a wonderful bloggie friend willing to help but I still have no idea how I'm going to begin lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Shannon!

    Have an exceptional 2012

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo, pretty! Erin did a lovely job. =o)

    I hope you kick that cold's butt soon. I wish there was a way to send virtual chicken soup. Here's to an awesome and cold-free 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely LOVE the new header!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3