Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The roller coaster of change

It seems to me that the old cliche about change being the only constant in our lives is very, very true. Careers change, friends come and go, people move, they start families, we lose people we love. Nothing ever stays the same. At least not forever.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing because with change comes the New, the Unexpected, the Exciting.

This year especially has been a turning point year for me. Lots of new, unexpected, exciting things.

And lots of change.

Most of it amazing. Some of it overwhelming. But mostly it's all been such a whirlwind I've had a hard time keeping up with all the shifts and adjustments. And I know it's only the beginning. Next year is sure to bring even more incredible, unbelievable, chaotic things. And lots more change.

Honestly, I feel like I'm on that point in a roller coaster where the chain is slowly pulling my car up the steepest hill. Any second it's going to release and I'm going to be in for one heck of a wild ride. Which is awesome and scary all at the same time. But I'm committed either way. I just have to hold on tight and get ready to scream my head off.

So I wanted to take this moment and say that I'm incredibly, incredibly grateful I'm not doing this alone. I'm SO THANKFUL I have you guys.

Sure, my following has changed. It's grown. It's shifted. Different people stop by for different reasons. But you are all amazing, inspiring people and I'm thankful to have each and every one of you. As a group, you guys are my constant. You've proven to me time and again that you will be there in surprising and incredible ways and I couldn't ask for a better support system.

So thank you. Now I don't have to be on that crazy roller coaster alone. I have you all right there with me. And we can all scream our heads off together!

13 comments:

  1. I love this community, we're all here for you Shannon. I love roller coasters, let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're going through one of those happy changes. Because I agree life brings us happy and sad ones. I'm going through one of those hard ones now but am hoping that the next year or two will include some happier ones. So excited for your happy changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed that right with the roller coaster analogy for sure. That's been my year too. But change is the only thing you can count on - except from a vending machine. Glad so much good is happening for you and may it continue! And may the cupcakes always be at the ready in abundance. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, this post is lovely! And I completely agree. Things change, the journey of publication is most certainly a roller coaster ride, but we are in it together. Like you, I am eternally grateful for that. Without my fellow writers/readers, I would have lost my sanity a long, long time ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love rollercoasters! Happy to be in the screaming section with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so awesome, Shannon. :-}

    Being a writer is def a roller coaster ride. It's so awesome to see you come this far. Here's wishing you lots and lots of success (and peace of course:)

    We thank YOU for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *raises hands above head and screeeeeaaamms* I'm buckled in and here for the full ride, my friend. Highs, lows, loop-the-loops, and all the in-between times--including the long waits in line! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :-)

    Glad to be on the roller coaster with you, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you hear me screaming???

    I'm hanging on for dear life back here.

    I am actually terrified of roller coasters so if this was literal...yeah, you would hear me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved roller-coasters...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for roller coasters! (As long as they're the fun ones, not the regret inducing ones, haha.)

    Glad to have met you on this ride, and thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi miss shannon! i love roller coasters so for sure im gonna be riding with you and if you could need me to hold your hand i will. but let me know when your gonna scream so i could put in my ear plugs. ha ha.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy that uphill climb, and scream loudly (with glee of course) on the downhill slide!! Are you the kind to grab on tight, or throw your arms up? ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3