Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ever have one of those weeks?

I gotta say, the whole back-to-back deadlines thing is... well... EXHAUSTING. 

It's partially my fault. I let my husband book a vacation at the beginning of the year--before my book sold and I knew anything about deadlines and whatnot--and the trip officially has THE WORST TIMING EVER. So I'm scrambling, trying to get everything done before I leave on Friday and, well... 


So, *heavy sigh* I think I have to duck away from blogging again. Probably until Monday, November 14th, when I get back.

I'M SO SORRY! 

I'm so going to miss you guys. But I'm crashing and burning here so... it has to be done. I may pop in if something important comes up--or if I suffer too many blogging withdrawls. (And I still have some winners to post--I'll make sure I don't miss that).

Otherwise I'll see you guys in about a week and a half. And I promise I'll be back with a contest or something to reward you for  your long-suffering when I get back!

Have a great time without me!!!!

20 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself. Sounds to me like you could use a few days of decompressing after all the work you've done. :hugs: See ya when you get back. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon!! You must rest and take things easy and look after yourself!! Yes, I sound like your crazy auntie but seriously!!

    :-)

    See you soon!!
    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your vacation! Top off those energy reserves so you have plenty of fuel to fly through this exciting time in your life. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, Shannon. I just posted on my blog last night about feeling so overwhelmed with everything I had to do and how the best thing I did for myself was take a couple of hours off . . . sounds like this vacation might be the break you need too.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it, you can do it! You can do everything that you need to! Go Shannon!!!

    ps have fun on your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good time, #1. And good luck with your chapter of doom! I miss you already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the balls (and the deadline to justify it) to just do this with my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck meeting your deadlines, but don't forget to have fun on your vacation!

    (hugs)

    Tere

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there and enjoy the vacation. Hopefully you'll come back relaxed and refreshed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't sweat it ~ :) Have a GREAT vacation - relax and have fun. See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photo -- it says it all! But do enjoy yourself -- what a nice way to celebrate your launch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Shannon - we love you. We'll miss you, but we'll be here when you come back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We'll miss you but we totally understand! Take all the time you need so you don't tire yourself out :-)

    Where are you going on vacation? Take pictures for us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy the break as much as possible, get your book published and THEN get back here and tell us all about it.

    "And let that be a lesson to you young lady :("

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi miss shannon #1! i hope you have just the most fun and happy time on your holiday. dont worry bout not one thing and just have a good time. ill be right here when you get back. :)
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo, enjoy yourself though. My week has officially been one of the most horrendous EVER. I got attacked by my neighbor's dog (broken finger, puncture wounds). Then my son made a poor choice and got suspended for a week. Arrrggghhh! It can only get better right?! I hope so. See ya' soon.

    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been working your TAIL off!

    Have a really great time!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3