Friday, October 7, 2011

The Power of Pumpkin

It's been yet another crazy-insane-hectic week filled with stuff and things and AHHHH--and not going to lie, I was starting to get a little ... emo from all the HOW AM I EVER GOING TO GET EVERYTHING DONE WHEN TIME KEEPS FLYING BY.

But before I started composing dramatic acoustic songs with lame metaphors like: Your hair it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities and taking its wear (why Dashboard? WHY?) two things happened:

1) The sky turned gray and misty and the air turned cold--and I know that may sound like a downer, but in SoCal it's a miracle to get any fall-ish weather at this time of year. I got to wear boots and eat soup and curl up with blankets (yes, I realize it was probably only 60 degrees--but I am a wimpy SoCal girl. That. is. cold!)

2) I made an emergency cupcake run to my favorite bakery and--after buying a few of my usual favorites--the bakery owner told me something amazing. They would be selling pumpkin cupcakes starting today. PUMPKIN CUPCAKES!!!!!!

Which made me realize. Yes, time IS flying by, and I kind of wish I had a way to slow it down so I could catch-the-heck up for a second.

BUT... if time didn't keep passing we wouldn't get the good things that come with it. Boot and snuggly blanket weather. Pumpkin-flavored goodies. And who knows what other amazing things the rest of 2011 has to offer.

So I say: Bring it! I'll face each task as it comes at me and keep going. Just so long as I have plenty of pumpkin cupcakes to nom on in the process and a soft downy blanket to curl up with. Who's with me????


  1. And it's only 78 days to Christmas!

    :-) Take care

  2. Mmmmm... Pumpkin cupcakes.... drool...

    We've been obsessed with pumpkin cupcakes lately, too. I've been making the 1 box of yellow cake + 1 can of pumpkin puree recipe - SO. GOOD.

  3. Ha, those pumpkins look so good, I need to go scout around for a snack.

    Enjoy your weekend Shannon.

  4. I So want a cupcake now. st not a pumpkin one.

  5. Dude, 60 degrees IS cold. (says the girl from SE Louisiana) October means the end of 90 degree days here. Boot weather. Scarves. I can turn my oven on to make a pumpkin pie without overheating the house.

    Of course, I'm not supposed to be making pies right now, I'm supposed to be revising. And my (self-imposed) deadline—to get it back on submission before things slow down for Christmas—is starting to look more and more unrealistic. So I might as well stop killing myself to get it right on the first pass, get it out to betas, do one last read-through, and get it turned in, all in one month. God, I'm exhausted just thinking about that.

    I think I'll go make a pie instead... ;)

    Enjoy your cupcakes!

  6. You think it will be cold and grey for WFC? Man I hope so!

  7. Oh, yummy! I live in the pacific northwest, and it's cold and rainy here a lot. I wouldn't mind a little bit of sunshine. :D However, those pumpkin cupcakes do look delicious.

  8. I am definitely with you! There are few things I love more than pumpkin!! :-)

  9. Mmm, that looks so yum! I'm also a wimpy SoCal girl, so yeah. 60 degrees meant busting out my fuzzy pjs. Haha.

    I like gloomy weather fine (and I love boots and coats), but I hate having to wake up to it for work and I hate driving in the rain because SoCalians just cannot deal.

    So I have mixed feelings about the weather. Starbucks pumpkin spice latte = YES! Being ridiculously late to work because of bad rainy day drivers = DO NOT WANT EVER.

    But yay, weekend and October!

  10. Pumpkin is not my favorite, but those are looking mighty good on this crisp, Fall day. Hugs and happy weekend! :O)

  11. Most anything pumpkin works for me! And we are definitely looking forward to fall here in Texas. We may even get (gasp! hopes and prays) RAIN this week-end.

  12. I'm with you! Life is always crazy busy - but it's fun and it's a whole lot better than boring and lonely! :)

  13. ARGH! What have you done? *runs to buy cupcakes*


    Join me in the Trick or Treat Spooktacular! Could you help make the Grand Prize a brand new Kindle Touch?

  14. I've already consumed at least 6 pumpkin muffins from Starbucks in the past 3 weeks. And a pumpkin donut from Dunkin Donuts.

    You need to catch up. ;)

  15. Those pumpkins look AMAZING. Gotta go buy me a can or 2 of pumpkin and bake something! Nothing like the smell of pumpkin cooking, oh boy.


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3