Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Retreat!

Believe it or not, I'm traveling again!

(I know, my suitcase has gotten more use this summer than like, the last 3 years combined.)

This time, I'm heading to Nashville, Tennessee!!!!

Well... actually, I'm going near there. Specifically, to a cabin in... well... kinda the middle of nowhere.

But that's the point. It's my very first Writer's Retreat!!!!!! (I feel so... writerly.)

My friends CJ Redwine, Sara McClung, and MG Buehrlen and I have been planning it for months. We wanted a small group, so we'd actually get work done (in theory...) somewhere with lots of trees and no noise or distractions. AND WE'RE EVEN GOING TO TRY TO GET WORK DONE!!!!! (though... CJ and I are fairly famous for our shenanigans...)

So, at this point you're probably wondering why I'm telling you all of this (since, I have a feeling you guys aren't nearly as excited about my retreat as I am.) Mainly, I wanted you to know that I won't be blogging again until Monday (what WILL you do to fill the empty void in your lives???) (*is slightly delusional*). But also... four writers holed up in a cabin in the middle of nowhere could get... interesting. (Especially with CJ there and her were-llamas.) So if you hear any strange noises--or the zombie duck apocalypse begins, well... you'll know why.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :)

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

19 comments:

  1. That's not a cabin! That obviously has indoor plumbing. :)

    Nashville is a fun city! You should visit if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great retreat. Hope you get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!!!! I look forward to the apocalypse! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CAN'T WAIT :) I get to see you in 24 hours <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like so much fun! Have a great and productive time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm heading to the SCBWI-MI retreat this weekend - a little more formal than yours! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time (like there's even the slightest chance that you wouldn't)! I miss you already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like crazy fun! Hope y'all get some work done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That's not far from here. I would almost drive up to meet you, but that would ruin your chances of getting anything done, and I already know I'll be in San Diego next month so ...

    No. Have fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cabin looks beautiful! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time, and I probably speak for everyone when I say I expect a full report when you get back! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds amazing. I want to do one now. Who's with me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAVE A BLAST, Chickees! And I will expect a full report and # of pages written upon your return. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I want that cabin! Have an awesome time! I'll be on the lookout for the zombie duck apocalypse--thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. jealous!

    you'll be in my neck of the woods - only 3 hour away :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Write on, sister!

    Hope I'm still here (and not raptured) if there's going to be a zombie duck apocalypse. Sounds like a quacking good time!

    Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds awesome. /jealous

    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the retreat was filled with just the right balance of writing and were-llama shenanigans. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3