Friday, September 30, 2011

Manic Memos

Dear Time,

WHERE THE HECK DID YOU GO? I mean really, it's already Friday? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? And don't even get me started on the fact that tomorrow is OCTOBER??????????? Holy crap, WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE?????????????

Confusedly Yours,
A very-behind-on-everything Shannon



Dear Felines of the Messenger house,

Let this serve as a warning that you are all on verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry dangerous ground. I'm very glad those of you who had stomach issues are feeling better and that those of you who were injured in cat fights are recovering. But if I have to clean up one more hairball, drag one more of you to the vet, or put hot compresses on any more oozing wounds, I'm trading all of you in for a pet rock.

Ominously Yours,
The pretty-darn-sick-of-her-crazy-cats-lady



Dear Week,

We've been through a lot together. No really, a LOT. In fact, I think it's safe to say that you were one of the craziest weeks I've experienced in a looooooooooooooooong time. It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. And someday I hope to be able to process it all (without sounding like a cheesey Dickens rip-off). But for now I'm simply going to say: Whoa. And maybe root for a calmer ride next week. Preferably with no pus-y cat wounds (and no, that is not a typo. I mean PUS! *gags*)

Exhaustedly yours,
A totally-grossed-out Shannon



Dear Followers,

I had big plans to turn in an awesome blogging performance this week. But thanks to some unexpected curveballs, my plans kind of turned out like this:


But I do have some AWESOME contests going on HERE and HERE. And I promise I have some pretty darn amazing things planned for the next couple weeks. So thank you for bearing with me. I will hopefully be back on track next week. Barring anymore un-forseen insanity.

Gratefully Yours,
A totally-exhausted-blogger

13 comments:

  1. Dear Shannon,

    We heart you so hard.

    - Your Followers and Fan Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I agree with Matt. I'm hoping for a week with some good news. The last two weeks have been the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you did provide a fantastic blogging experience for me. I can't stop laughing at this post!! YOU are awesome!

    Take care, friend.

    (Oh, I'll be partaking in MGMM on Monday! I have a special middle grade writer guest. I'll link to you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could totally handle a pet rock. No poop? Count me in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, #1, you are too adorable. I think you did a great job this week! And I echo Matt's comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Week,

    Why must you taunt Shannon so?

    On the other hand, I'm happy you're finally Friday.

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Shannon,

    Pus and time-warp weeks shall not conquer!

    Your Army...er, followers.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  8. But, with your luck, your pet rock would come home pregnant and then you wind up with all these pebbles running around the house. Is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't even have time for a pet rock. I fell asleep a little while ago and kept typing. It was probably the best work I've done in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get a lot of rest this weekend! I can't believe September is already over either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about your week. I had that week two weeks ago. I thought I'd killed it before found another victim. I promise I'll lock it down better the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope things are better for you! And me too. I won't bother to tell you how horrific yesterday and this morning was. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pet rock looks very sweet and affectionate! haha. but hopefully the felines of the Messenger house will read this post and stop all the craziness!!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3