And I am SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED for the conference for SO MANY REASONS that...well...I've been doing some rather embarrassing things to prepare (and abusing all caps and exclamation marks more than anyone should) (parenthetical statements too) (ahem).
Which brings me to my truths for the week...
- I *might* have gone to the mall three times in the last three days, buying/exchanging different things because I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to wear.
- (If you think that's bad--brace yourself, it's about to get a lot worse)
- I still wasn't feeling sure about my outfits, so I *might* have set up my iSight camera this morning to take pictures of me in each outfit, so I could get the full effect.
- (And maybe so I could email them to friends for feedback)
- (And yes--if you're wondering--the inspiration behind the idea did in fact come from CLUELESS)
- (*hangs head in shame*)
- But... but... in my defense--it helps a LOT.
- How else would I have known pairing these leggings with these shoes made my legs look short??????
(Huge thanks to Natalie Whipple for catching that, btw)
(And yes, she probably laughed at me when I emailed her the pics)
(but as a true friend does, she humored me)
- And I realize I'm over thinking this (as I do with everything else)--but, as I learned from last year's conference, you end up in a LOT of pictures at SCBWI, because you run into so many people.
- Though... if any of you are going to be there, I guess I've just spoiled one of my outfits for you.
- (And I'm sure you've all been BREATHLESSLY anticipating what I might be wearing)
- (It's a HOT secret)
- But hey, maybe it'll make me easier to spot. Which brings me to my only serious truth of the day:
- I'm really looking forward to meeting any of you who'll be there. It's one of my favorite parts of the conference.
- So if you spot me (I'll be the blonde girl giggling too much), PLEASE feel free to come up and say hi!
- And if I walk right past you, PLEASE don't take it personally. I tend to get oblivious in crowds.
- You're also welcome to throw things at me to catch my attention. :)
And...I think that's enough sharing for one day. But what about you guys--anything you want to unload? Anything you're excited about? Better yet--any of you going to be at SCBWI LA?????