Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tell The Truth Tuesday: The Super-Over-Excited Shannon Edition

OMG you guys--SCBWI LA is only THREE DAYS away!!!! (Two, for me--because I'm actually driving up on Thursday.)

And I am SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED for the conference for SO MANY REASONS that...well...I've been doing some rather embarrassing things to prepare (and abusing all caps and exclamation marks more than anyone should) (parenthetical statements too) (ahem).

Which brings me to my truths for the week...

- I *might* have gone to the mall three times in the last three days, buying/exchanging different things because I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to wear.

- (If you think that's bad--brace yourself, it's about to get a lot worse)

- I still wasn't feeling sure about my outfits, so I *might* have set up my iSight camera this morning to take pictures of me in each outfit, so I could get the full effect.

- (And maybe so I could email them to friends for feedback)

- (And yes--if you're wondering--the inspiration behind the idea did in fact come from CLUELESS)

- (*hangs head in shame*)

- But... but... in my defense--it helps a LOT.

- How else would I have known pairing these leggings with these shoes made my legs look short??????

(Huge thanks to Natalie Whipple for catching that, btw)
(And yes, she probably laughed at me when I emailed her the pics)
(but as a true friend does, she humored me)

- And I realize I'm over thinking this (as I do with everything else)--but, as I learned from last year's conference, you end up in a LOT of pictures at SCBWI, because you run into so many people.

- Though... if any of you are going to be there, I guess I've just spoiled one of my outfits for you.

- (And I'm sure you've all been BREATHLESSLY anticipating what I might be wearing)

- (It's a HOT secret)

- (ahem)

- But hey, maybe it'll make me easier to spot. Which brings me to my only serious truth of the day:

- I'm really looking forward to meeting any of you who'll be there. It's one of my favorite parts of the conference. 

- So if you spot me (I'll be the blonde girl giggling too much), PLEASE feel free to come up and say hi!

- And if I walk right past you, PLEASE don't take it personally. I tend to get oblivious in crowds.

- You're also welcome to throw things at me to catch my attention. :)

And...I think that's enough sharing for one day. But what about you guys--anything you want to unload? Anything you're excited about? Better yet--any of you going to be at SCBWI LA?????


  1. Have fun! I know you'll see lots of friends and see lots of new friends. Wish I was going but we're going on vacation.

  2. I think those shoes go wonderfully with the leggings!!! Yay!!! Take care

  3. Truths:

    1)Those shoes with those leggings really don't work. But the rest of the outfit rocks!

    2)I love the idea of taking pics to see how you really look in outfits and might start doing this everyday.

    3) I love the movie Clueless.

  4. You are so funny! My eyes skipped right past you to the stacks of books in your picture! Have a great time - someday I will make it to that conference.

  5. I've never been. Someday!

    For the time being, Katy Longshore has my copy of The Phantom Tollbooth and she'll try to get it signed. :)

  6. I wish, wish, WISH I was going to be there! Have a wonderful time, #1. :-)

  7. You always look cute. And I'm sure in the crowds they wouldn't notice that your shoes made your legs look short=). Cute outfit btw.

  8. Oh, I wish.Hope you have a great time! I am excited about the PNWA conference in Bellevue, WA that I will be attending this weekend. (My first) Crap! I don't have any money to get new outfits. And besides, I'm determined to lose weight so buying something new in my current size, admits defeat.Oh, well.

  9. I'll see you there!

    Would you believe that I'm up in Napa right now and won't be able to do laundry or pack until Thursday morning, two hours before the flight? Take pity on me if you see me in any photos. I'll be the slightly sunburned one with the wrinkly clothes and shoes that don't match.

  10. I think the pic thing is a pretty great idea. I'll have to remember that next time I can't find a mirror (which is a lot of times). Haha.

    Also, I love your shoes in that pic. VERY cute!

  11. Jeez, thanks Shannon. Before I read this I wasn't thinking *at all* about what to wear to the conference!

  12. LOL, I'm sure it's partly the angle of the photo! But I never feel comfortable in mid length leggings for the same reason.

    Have fun at the conference. Wish I could be there!

  13. Genius. I have little-to-no fashion sense, as you probably observed last year, so I should probably be doing this.


  14. Shannon! We must be on the same wavelength today. I had a similar post about i prepare for the conference on my blog (though yours is way funnier!)



  15. Aw, I like the shoes with the leggings. I think its just the way the pic is taken- angled up like that that makes it look that way. I bet they looked great!

  16. I like those shoes!

    I wish I was going =( have fun for me!

  17. Love Clueless! :) Hope you have a great time!

  18. Hope you have a great time! Can't wait for the pics!

  19. Have a great time. I've never been there. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back and of course you will be sharing pictures, right?


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3