Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Off to La La Land

Believe it or not, I am packing up AGAIN (I don't think my suitcase has ever had as much use as it has this year) and heading out of town. This time to LA for the SCBWI International Conference.

I am SO excited you guys!!!! SO EXCITED!
(I'm guessing you already know this if you saw my post yesterday)

I'm rooming with my fellow WriteOnCon planner and all around awesome friend, Casey McCormick, who I haven't seen since last year's conference. And I have plans to meet up with so many awesome people, some I've met before, some I have been dying to meet forever. It's going to be so much fun!!! (is it tomorrow yet?????)

I promise I will have a full report when I get back--plus pictures (I can't wait to show you guys the T-Shirt I had made for the Pajama Party!). But for now, I have just slightly less than 7854 things to do before I leave, and only a few hours to do them in. So I'm going to have to keep this post short, sweet, and ... rather uninspiring. Sorry.  I will make it up to you when I get back (and I have some awesome contests running in the meantime--here and here and here--which I will still post the winners for on Sunday.)

And if any of you are going to be there, PLEASE let me know, so I can keep an eye out for you. I love meeting my blog followers in person. It's like, WOW THE PEOPLE IN THOSE LITTLE SMILING SQUARES ARE REAL!!!!! :)

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week! See you when I get back!


  1. Have a fantastic time!!!!!! Can't wait to see this t-shirt!LOL! take care

  2. Have an awesome time, Shannon. I'm sorry I won't see you there this time. :(

  3. Have fun! Really looking forward to the report.

  4. Wish I was going! Too much going on here to get away, but I'll be thinking about you guys!

  5. Have SO much fun, and I know you will. Come back with your brain crammed full of interesting tips and new things!

  6. hi miss shannon! i just know youre gonna have a funtastical time. cant wait til you get back and tell us all bout it. ill be right here waiting. take lots of pics!
    ...hugs from lenny

  7. Sounds like it's going to be a total blast! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

  8. Yay! Hope you had a fabulous time. ;)


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3