Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Will bookstores EXPLODE from all the awesome?

I promise, I WILL have a Comic Con update for you guys--but it'll have to be tomorrow. I'd planned to do it today, but then I realized HOW MANY AWESOME BOOKS ARE HITTING SHELVES TODAY!!!!!!!

In fact, I'm almost a little scared. It's such an insane amount of awesome it might actually trigger like a Universe-implosion or something. I mean LOOK what's coming out:

SUPERNATURALLY, by Kiersten White

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.

WILDEFIRE, by Karsten Knight

Every flame begins with a spark.

Ashline Wilde is having a rough sophomore year. She’s struggling to find her place as the only Polynesian girl in school, her boyfriend just cheated on her, and now her runaway sister, Eve, has decided to barge back into her life. When Eve’s violent behavior escalates and she does the unthinkable, Ash transfers to a remote private school nestled in California’s redwoods, hoping to put the tragedy behind her. But her fresh start at Blackwood Academy doesn’t go as planned. Just as Ash is beginning to enjoy the perks of her new school—being captain of the tennis team, a steamy romance with a hot, local park ranger—Ash discovers that a group of gods and goddesses have mysteriously enrolled at Blackwood…and she’s one of them. To make matters worse, Eve has resurfaced to haunt Ash, and she’s got some strange abilities of her own. With a war between the gods looming over campus, Ash must master the new fire smoldering within before she clashes with her sister one more time… And when warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm.

WOLFSBANE, by Andrea Cremer

When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she’s certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer—one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack—and the man—she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive. 


AND
(one of my FAVORITE middle grades, now in paperback)
MILO: Sticky Notes & Brain Freeze, by Alan Silberberg

Milo Cruikshank is a 13 year-old new kid, who has to find a way to hit the "restart" button all over again.The truth is, ever since Milo's mother died nothing has felt right. Now, instead of the kitchen being filled with music, the whole house is filled with Fog. Nothing's the same. Not his Dad. Not his sister. And definitely not him. In love with the girl he sneezed on the first day of school and best pals with Marshall, the "One-Eyed Jack" of friends, Milo struggles to survive a school year that is filled with reminders of what his life "used to be".

Brimming with heart, humor and ultimately hope, Milo: Sticky Notes & Brain Freeze is a powerhouse of a novel that will stay with you well after you've turned the last page.


HOW does one decide which one to buy?

I don't think I can. I know I plan to get all 4. And I know that might not be in everyone's budget--but fear not! I can make this MUCH easier on you.

I'm actually heading to Kiersten's launch party tonight--which will also have Andrea Cremer and Stephanie Perkins there (I promise I will take pictures) and of COURSE I will be picking up an extra signed copy of both SUPERNATURALLY and WOLFSBANE (and ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS--which is already out) for a blog contest later in the week. 

AND, I also happen to know there will be an awesome giveaway for a MILO paperback today--probably because I'm part of it! (ha!)


(it's an awesome book you guys--one of those rare middle grade books that makes you laugh AND cry and is unlike anything else. I'll definitely be featuring it on MMGM soon)


To enter, all you have to do is tweet using the hashtag #MILOrules by 11:59 pm EDT tonight, and you could be the winner of a shiny MILO paperback of your very own (sorry--US only).


Not sure what to tweet? Try finishing one of the following statements:


The most embarrassing costume I wore growing up was ...
My favorite Slurpie flavor is...
One item/toy I miss the most from my childhood is...
(Or insert other embarrassing or fun childhood memory here. )

Just don't forget to put #MILOrules at the end, or we won't find your entry!


Or, if you'd like something even easier, feel free to copy and paste the following tweet:


Tweet #MILOrules for a chance to win a paperback of MILO: Sticky Notes & Brain Freeze, by @alansilberberg!


Also, feel follow along throughout the day as I, @alansilberberg, @batgirleditor and @LiteraryAsylum tweet embarrassing childhood stories, favorite quotes from the book, and all kinds of general hilarity. The more the merrier!


So all those contests help you narrow the WHAT BOOK DO I BUY TODAY decision down a little, right?

Yeah--it's still a tough call. I vote for getting all four. But even that brings an even HARDER question: which one do you read first?????? And that I DON'T have the answer too. 

*head explodes from all the awesome!*

8 comments:

  1. Have fun at the book signing. I just saw Maggie Stiefvater and Tessa Gratton last week. It was so awesome.

    Yes, a ton of good books are coming out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it. I must get a second job to fund the awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of your book signing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit behind, just got "Paranormalcy," looking forward to it.

    I kept up as much as I could with the #sdcc twitter feed last friday and the weekend. Been a fan of Comic Con (very much want to go!) for awhile but I never knew authors were on board, too! The writing community is newer to me. Now I have to try and score tix next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to read Supernaturally, so I'm insanely jealous you're going to the signing. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH! A signing! How Fun! That Milo Middle grade book looks pretty awesome as well! :)

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when I'm behind on my blog reading/commenting. I missed out on a chance to get a great book! The Milo book would be my first choice of a book to buy/read. I'll have to put this one on my ever growing TBR book list. This list is so long, that it needs a room of its own! LOL!

    Shannon, thanks for sharing about these books. I'm sure the book signing was absolute awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3