Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Comic Con Pictures!!!!

Okay, as promised--a full comic con update!!!

(Finally!) 

It's kind of hard to describe the insanity and chaos that is 120,000 hardcore fans/geeks crammed into an exhibit hall for four days, so I'm mostly going to let the pictures speak for themselves.

So...this was us on Friday...
(that's my: I can't believe I let him leave the room like this smile)
Rainbow Brite and Quail-Man

I usually don't post pics of the Hubs on here, but he was so ridiculously proud of his costume he gave me his permission (shoot--he requested it.) 
(though, I will admit, it was a VERY popular costume. He was definitely at one with the nerds)
(sigh)

At Marie Lu's signing
(where I got a signed ARC of LEGEND--Squee!)
@PenguinTeen even tweeted this photo (and FB'd it) so LOTS of people got to see it. Um...yay?

This might be my favorite picture:
 The hubs took it when people started handing me their children so they could get a picture with Rainbow Brite, and he was cracking up because he knows how much babies/toddlers scare me. It's not that I don't like kids. It's just that I have NO idea what to do with them when they're that young! WHAT IF THEY CRY OR SPIT UP ON ME???
(ahem)
(side note: what was UP with people trusting me with their children??? How did they know I wasn't a creeper?)
(I mean, I'm not. But still--they didn't KNOW that!)

And...Saturday's look: 
Alice in Wonderland
(the Disney-fied version)
(Much, MUCH more comfortable!)
(also: OMG ITS THE BATSUIT!!!!)

And OMG IT'S STEPHANIE PERKINS!!!!
(And me, looking even dorkier in my costume next to her stylin' self)
Steph is one of my absolute favorite people, so it was so much fun to see her again. 
(And her husband Jarrod--who is every bit as awesome as I knew he would be)

I was also accosted by models at the Random House booth:
(the things you do for an ARC of MODELAND)
(And don't judge--you KNOW you're curious about how Tyra does YA)
(Side note: I have never felt so short in all my life)

I also met some FABULOUS authors on the panels I attended, including:
Cindy Pon, Malinda Lo, and Kiersten White (among others)

Nathan Bransford and Andrea Cremer

Taherah Mafi, Laini Taylor, and Stephanie Perkins

Amanda Hocking and Kiersten White

And John Stephens, DJ MacHale, Brandon Mull, and Matt Myklusch (amongst others)

Everyone was so so so awesome on the panels and so so so nice in person (and hey--I even picked up some blog prizes. Stay tuned for those contests!)

I'll end with one last picture of the Hubs and I 
(on Saturday this time)
Because, well...if anything sums up my Comic Con adventures this year, it was walking around with THAT for two days. 
Oh. Mans.

Hope you guys enjoyed--and that it was worth the wait!

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous time. Awesome that you went with your husband. And I thought you looked good with the baby. Hint. Hint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, is that like a PICTURE!!!! of the mysterious Tahereh????? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!!! Awwwww you and hubs and everyone else look AMAZING!! AMAZING!!!! The Hubs is so crazy cool!! Yay!! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quail man, now that was genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Tell your husband if he finds the need for a new superhero alias, he should go with "Tighty Bobwhitey."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quail Man! Woot woot! : )
    You and hubby look cute in your costumes. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your hubby are SO FREAKING CUTE <3

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. (1) LOVE your costumes!

    (2) LOVE the hubs' costumes!

    (3) JEALOUS of all the cool panels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. QUAIL MAN!! I officially think your hubs is super awesome. And you - well, you're just plain adorable.

    Looks like so much fun :) And chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Shannon, I love you!! :) {In a totally non-creepy way, I promise.} Thanks for bending to the peer pressure and drsesing up - you make an adorable Alice, and you rocked Rainbow Brite. Thanks for all the pictures of the panel and letting us in on your ComicCon experience!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, I knew that was Quail-Man from my google reader. Tell hubs he looks perfect.

    And how sweet are you with the little ones? Too cute! The best thing about other peoples' kids? You can give them back.

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, he looks so proud of that Quail Man costume.

    And I love your costumes! They're both cute, but I really love the Alice one.

    And I hear you on the kids thing. It's not that I don't love small children, it's just that I don't want them shoved in my arms. It's the whole fear of dropping them/not wanting them to drool (or worse) on me thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pics!! Love love love them!!! Looks like you had a fab time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the pictures! I'm so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two are too cute, and I love your Alice costume! It's such a pretty shade of blue! Okay, so need to go to Comic Con next year and get my geek on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word. BEST.

    Hahaha! That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Comic Con looks like so much fun! And I don't think I've ever seen Quail Man looking so proud of himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. +JMJ+

    Alice--even a Disneyfied Alice--is always awesome! Thanks for sharing these pictures, Shannon. It looks as if you had a lot of fun . . . but not as much fun as those little kids. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3