Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Five--The Shannon's Surreal Week Edition

I knew this week was going to be awesome and emotional and SOOOOOOO cool--I mean, it's not every day a close friend launches their book into the world. (Yay Elana!) But so many crazy/surreal things have happened, I must admit, I'm kind of blown away by it.

1. I knew being friends with so many writers meant that this would probably happen someday. But ... I guess I wasn't prepared for it ACTUALLY happening. Because I totally teared up when I saw THIS in the acknowledgements of POSSESSION:


2) And then I turned the page and saw this:


Twice? I'm in there TWICE???? *sniffles*  
Thanks, E! Someday your name WILL be in my acknowledgments. It just might be a little while before that happens.

3. I'd barely recovered from that surprise when I picked up my ARC of SO SILVER BRIGHT, by Lisa Mantchev--one of my absolute favorite authors. And I found this in the acknowledgements:


O.O

I mean, I knew there was something about that in the DTWFN auction prize I won. But I just never realized how it would feel to see MY NAME in the acknowledgments of a book by one of my favorite authors--or to have her say such sweet things. *sniffles again*

4. As if THAT weren't enough, I woke up Thursday to a flood of messages about the WriteOnCon article in The Writer magazine, with quotes from me. To which I thought, huh? I gave an interview for The Writer? So I quickly rushed out to my bookstore and found this on page 11:


Now that I've seen it, I remember giving some quotes for this article--but I had no idea it was for THE WRITER!!!! Or that they'd give WriteOnCon a full page article!!! And I can't decide which made me more sniffly--seeing quotes broken up by the words, "Messenger explains" (so. weird!), or seeing yet another awesome way the writing community helps support WriteOnCon. Such an amazing industry to be a part of!

5. And all of that is NOTHING on the surreal package I got in the mail this week. Oh, but I can't show you pictures of that--yet. *evil smile* All I'll say is it's related to an EPIC contest I'm in the process of organizing (you guys are gonna LOVE it) and that I'll tell you more about it once all my ducks are in a row. 

So...yeah. That was my crazy, awesome, emotional, surreal week. How was yours? Anything cool happen that I should know about? 



Oh, and don't forget, this is day five of the Elana Johnson POSSESSION Launch Festival of Awesome! Today, go to Christine Fonseca's site and comment to enter to win a signed copy of POSSESSION and learn the secret time that you need to use the Twitter hashtag #taggedPOSSESSION to win another signed copy of POSSESSION!


We're giving away 17 signed copies of POSSESSION throughout this week's blog tour--be sure to visit and enter to win! Tomorrow's giveaway will be hosted at Ali Cross's blog!

29 comments:

  1. That is very awesome! Congrats to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon <3 = :-)

    awww, you gave me the warm fuzzies inside, It always is such a sweet moment to see peoples dreams come true. Your name in print, it will happen again someday and you will be paying it forward with lots of mentions to friends that love and support you the way you do them.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jen KJovus

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve to be mentioned a trillion times!! Yay for Elana and Writeon con!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! Did your name start to look weird after you'd seen it so many times? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been noticing more and more of my friends making it to the acknowledgement pages of books I buy. I get all excited, shrieking, "I know this person. I know this person." (At least I don't do it in the store.) :D

    (Oh, and I just did that as I scanned Elana's acknowledgment page here.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely deserve a lot of acknowledgment! You are one of the most supportive people in the blogosphere.

    Well done.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this on so many levels!! Smiling for you, Shannon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool.
    Also how great is it that WriteOnCon has a whole page article in The Writer. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Shannon! I recognized so many bloggers/writers names in the acknowledgments. I never know anyone in the acknowledgments, so I think it's super cool! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. when i read acknowledgment pages (and i ALWAYS DO) and i see a name i recognize, i tear up FOR them, so i can't imagine how it must feel to see your own name.
    YAYAY Elana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been an amazing week!

    I can't believe I'm in there either. *Cry cry cry* Elana is one of my heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww, this is all so sweet! I'm sure you deserve it all though; you're so supportive of all of us in the writing community :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So you ARE the consigliere for the YA Mafia. I suspected as much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's because you're made of awesome, just like Elana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that's so cool about the acknowledgments! I guess that's one of the perks of you being so sweet, kind, and supportive, isn't it? You are AWESOME. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome week for you! That's really great.

    As for me, nothing quite that cool. The most surreal thing that happened to me was losing consciousness in the ER and having my BP drop to 50/26, and then come back and still be okay. (More details on the blog). Yeah. That was a little crazy... I would much rather have had your kind of week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shannon, that is super special and I'm sure you deserve every word of praise so bask in it, baby!!!

    How super cool to have friends like that! :)

    xoxo -- hilary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, that is BEYOND cool!

    Glad you had a great week, and I'm super curious to know what this package is. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of this is richly, richly deserved.

    Now, off to search for my copy of The Writer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to trade weeks with you. RIGHT NOW.

    You totally deserve all those mentions by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stupendous!! You've had a very good week. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, WOW! That's amazing. And to have it all happen in one week? Wow.

    As for my week, um... My computer died. Waaaah! Not so super-cool or surreal, but not really a surprise, either. I'm using a laptop my husband borrowed from work for me. Yay, hubby!

    I started reading 13 REASONS WHY the other day, and all I can say is: amazing. And fearless. I love his writing. And it's such an important book, I wish every teenager would read it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Huge smile on my face for you and a lol as I read!! Well deserved mentions and wow on the writer mag!! Looking forward to reading your books one day...it's gonna happen for you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just started reading the book yesterday and the first thing I did was find the Acknowledgments & squeal at all the peeps I know in them! WOOT!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3