1. I knew being friends with so many writers meant that this would probably happen someday. But ... I guess I wasn't prepared for it ACTUALLY happening. Because I totally teared up when I saw THIS in the acknowledgements of POSSESSION:
2) And then I turned the page and saw this:
Twice? I'm in there TWICE???? *sniffles*Thanks, E! Someday your name WILL be in my acknowledgments. It just might be a little while before that happens.
3. I'd barely recovered from that surprise when I picked up my ARC of SO SILVER BRIGHT, by Lisa Mantchev--one of my absolute favorite authors. And I found this in the acknowledgements:
I mean, I knew there was something about that in the DTWFN auction prize I won. But I just never realized how it would feel to see MY NAME in the acknowledgments of a book by one of my favorite authors--or to have her say such sweet things. *sniffles again*
4. As if THAT weren't enough, I woke up Thursday to a flood of messages about the WriteOnCon article in The Writer magazine, with quotes from me. To which I thought, huh? I gave an interview for The Writer? So I quickly rushed out to my bookstore and found this on page 11:
Now that I've seen it, I remember giving some quotes for this article--but I had no idea it was for THE WRITER!!!! Or that they'd give WriteOnCon a full page article!!! And I can't decide which made me more sniffly--seeing quotes broken up by the words, "Messenger explains" (so. weird!), or seeing yet another awesome way the writing community helps support WriteOnCon. Such an amazing industry to be a part of!
5. And all of that is NOTHING on the surreal package I got in the mail this week. Oh, but I can't show you pictures of that--yet. *evil smile* All I'll say is it's related to an EPIC contest I'm in the process of organizing (you guys are gonna LOVE it) and that I'll tell you more about it once all my ducks are in a row.
So...yeah. That was my crazy, awesome, emotional, surreal week. How was yours? Anything cool happen that I should know about?
Elana Johnson POSSESSION Launch Festival of Awesome! Today, go to Christine Fonseca's site and comment to enter to win a signed copy of POSSESSION and learn the secret time that you need to use the Twitter hashtag #taggedPOSSESSION to win another signed copy of POSSESSION!
Meanwhile, don't forget: if you spread the word about POSSESSION, you can win one of FIVE signed copies of the book!
We're giving away 17 signed copies of POSSESSION throughout this week's blog tour--be sure to visit and enter to win! Tomorrow's giveaway will be hosted at Ali Cross's blog!