Monday, May 2, 2011

More Memos and MMGM

Dear Deadline,

We've spent a lot of time together recently, so it's with the deepest respect and admiration that I say HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA I JUST PWNED YOU!

Smugly Yours,
A slightly delirious Shannon


Dear Sunburn,

Yes, I'm old enough to know that I should've worn sunscreen to the LA Times Festival of Books--but I've had a lot on my mind recently! Couldn't you have cut me a break?????

Frustratedly Yours,
The lobster who calls herself Shannon



Dear Future Farmer's Tan,

You are SO going to put a cramp on my summer wardrobe--and I'm way too vain to let anyone see you. So as soon as I can I WILL EXFOLIATE YOU!

Be. afraid.

Ominously Yours,
The girl who will be wearing long sleeves for the next few weeks



Dear Readers,

Yes, once again I am letting you down on MMGM. But hopefully things will be back on track now. I PROMISE I will have an awesome MMGM for you next week. If I don't--I'll owe you a picture of Farmer-Tan-Shannon--and believe me, no one wants that less than me. Normal blogging should resume tomorrow, and *should* stay that way. And in the meantime, some awesome bloggers are carrying the MMGM torch, as always. Check out their links below.

Apologetically Yours,
The Blogger you're probably getting sick of



-Shannon O'Donnell always has an awesome MMGM recommendation. Click HERE to see what she's featuring this week.

-Sherrie Peterson, and her daughter, are featuring TRUE (...sort of) Click HERE to read all about it.

-Joanne Fritz is featuring THE PENDERWICKS AT POINT MOUETTE. Click HERE to read her review.

-Natalie Aguirre is interviewing author Janice Hardy, with a giveaway of THE SHIFTER. Click HERE for details. 


-Laura Pauling is featuring KAT INCORRIGIBLE this week. Click HERE to read her impression. 


-Myrna Foster is featuring HEART OF A SAMURI. Click HERE to learn more about it.


-Brooke Favero is featuring WE ARE NOT EATEN BY YAKS. Click HERE to read her review.


-Barbara Watson is featuring IDA B. Click HERE to read all about it.


-Anita Laydon Miller is featuring THE GRAVEYARD BOOK. Click HERE to read her review. 

If you've done an MMGM on your blog today, let me know and I'll update this post with a link! 

17 comments:

  1. Take care Shannon. Can't wait to hear about the book festival. I'm sure it was awesome. And get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm talking up Kat Incorrible this week on my blog and all the awesome writing I found in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA! I made the same mistake when I went to SF a few weeks ago. Apparently it's not enough to just apply sunscreen on your arms and legs.

    What do you expect? I've been living under snow and layers of winter clothing for the past several months. ;)

    ROFL the word verification is: stinal (seriously)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear lovely Shannon

    Have a cup of tea! That always helps! :-)

    p.s. YAY that you totally, erm..PWNED.. your deadline!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunburn - ouch! Get lots of Aloe Vera gel. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The problem with my sunburn is that it's mostly on my face and receding hairline. I was thinking of wearing a Hannibal Lecter mask or a Balaclava to work, but both would have been slightly uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw you gingerly poking your sunburned skin as you stood in line for a book signing. *sigh* The sacrifices we make for our craft :)

    It was fun talking to you in person. Hope we get to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleep. Sleep is our friend. It feels good, especially when done with cuddly blue elephants. Get. Some. Rest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on showing that deadline who's boss!

    And, you know, in some states farmers' tans are considered sexy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for pwnage!!! Sorry about your hillbilly burn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous you got a farmer tan. I had snow this weekend.

    My MMGM today: We are not Eaten by Yaks
    cheers
    http://brookefavero.blogspot.com/2011/05/marvelous-middle-grade-monday-we-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't ya hate when that happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huzzah for deadline pwnage! Hopefully this paper I should be working on will finish itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You crazy farmer's tan, takin' down the deadlines and shaking fist at the universe kid....Happy MMGM! And, get thee some rest, some sleep, some tan in can to take care of the white chunks at the tops of your arms.

    Respectfilled-ly yours,

    Deb :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did one...THE GRAVEYARD BOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, sorry about your sunburn. Owie. Hope it gets better soon. And yay on your deadline! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much!