Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LA Times Festival of Books Photos

Okay, if you've friended me on Facebook, you've probably already seen these--but I wanted to post them here, since not everyone here is on Facebook and they are too fun not to share.

If you EVER get a chance to hit the LAFoB--DO IT! You will not regret it. (But...um...wear sunscreen) 

Me with Andrew Smith, Sherrie Peterson, and Ally Condie

Andrew Smith, Ally Condie, and Laura and Tom McNeal at the "Brave New Worlds" Panel
(SUCH an awesome panel. Totally worth baking in the sun)

I love this photo because Ally and Andrew look so bored--but that's only because the sound people were trying to fix a technical difficulty. ;)

Gennifer Choldenko, Robin Benway, Gayle Forman, Allen Zadoff and Cecil Castellucci at the "Practical and Powerful" panel
ALSO awesome. They seriously cracked me up. And Gayle Foreman was sweet enough to pass out sunscreen. Too bad for me it was already too late. 

See? Yeah--the redness only got worse from there. 
BUT YAY I FINALLY GOT TO MEET GAYLE FORMAN!!!!!

Me with Andrew Smith, who I can never see enough of

AND LOOK HOW HE SIGNED MY BOOK!
I have the best Agent Big Brother EVER! :)

Most surreal moment of the day? 

When Ally Condie was signing my copy of MATCHED, I asked her to sign it to Shannon and SHE KNEW WHO I WAS!!! She was like, are you Shannon Whitney Messenger?
0.0

So fun to meet so many authors--and to meet some of you guys too! Thanks for coming over to say hi. I'm always amazed that you guys can recognize me! Or that you care enough to come over and talk to the giggling blonde girl with the sunburn. 

Pretty sure I won't be at any other big events until ALA in June (which isn't that far away--eek!). Hope to see some of you there!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun. I would not want to live near L.A. It's too big for me. But I have to admit that you get to go to a lot more awesome conferences and book fairs with so many authors I'd love to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! And awesome that you were recognized (what a feeling that must be)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly cool! Looks like you had a fantastic time!!!

    xoxo -- Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ally knew you!? Way cool! Those pictures brought tears to my eyes, because I can honestly say I can see you up there and even myself, someday. So much hope...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does 0.0 mean?

    And my favorite part is Andrew's shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds amazing! I'm so jealous.

    I tend to burn too. I was so worried about burning when I went on my honeymoon to Hawaii. Each day, I put on sunscreen. And you know what? I tanned despite the sun screen. The last day, I actually applied tanning lotion and had a dark golden tan for the first time ever! Yeah that was nice. But now, I have to go back to applying sunscreen. I'm back to burning again. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool you met my agent-mate, Sherrie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a good time. Minus the burns, of course.

    Gayle Forman's earrings rock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really know Ally from Matched! How very cool!!!! I am so going next year, I would have gone this year but DD had a very bad cold. *sigh* Thanx for chatting with my alter ego on FB! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like SO MUCH FUN!!

    *kicks self for not living closer to Shannon*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love living vicariously through you, because you have such a GREAT life!! I love it that Ally knew who you were! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Sounds like you had an amazing time! And I so wish I could've been there.

    But I will be at ALA! It's too good to be true. Will we really meet? For realz?

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much!