Friday, May 20, 2011

In case you haven't heard...

NOTHING makes me happier than celebrating a friend's success--especially when it also means I no longer have to keep the secret that's been bursting inside me for the last couple of weeks!!! (Hardest. thing. EVER). So I have tears to my eyes--for realz--as I type this post.

Not sure how many of you saw this yesterday when it went live, but I am so amazingly proud and thrilled to repeat it here. My friend, CP, loyal mentor, shenanigan-sharer--and one HECK of an amazing writer--the fabulous Ms CJ Redwine made an EPIC ANNOUNCEMENT.

Here it is, straight from Publisher's Lunch:

CJ Redwine's THE COURIER'S DAUGHTER, a YA fantasy debut in which an independent girl sets out to rescue her father from the Wasteland outside their cloistered city and in the process finds danger, heartbreak, and a new romance with her father's apprentice, to Kristin Daly Rens at Balzer & Bray, at auction, in a three-book deal, by Holly Root at Waxman Literary Agency 

*Tosses BUCKETS of sparkles everywhere*


If you don't know who CJ is, I STRONGLY suggest you hop over to her blog and click the follow button, stat. Not only is she one of the kindest, funniest, most supportive people I've had the pleasure to meet--but dang can that girl write. And as someone lucky enough to have read THE COURIER'S DAUGHTER (Na Na Na Na Na Boo Boo) (ahem) I can tell you for a certainty that her book will knock your socks off when you can finally read it. I have no doubt it's going to take the publishing world by storm.

Huge Congrats, CJ--if you've dug your way out of the flood of support and found time to read this. It could NOT happen to a harder working, more talented, more deserving person. So glad you can finally quit the day job and focus on being a mom and writing full time. I can't wait to read all the books you have yet to write (and uh, you BETTER still let me be your CP!) 

((((((HUGS))))))

If you'd like to congratulate her yourself, you can find her announcement HERE

*races off to find more confetti to throw*

15 comments:

  1. I just saw the news too. I'm so excited for CJ! I could use some good news today. And thanks for introducing me to her when she was adopting her daughter.

    Can't wait to read her book. I love fantasies. Can't wait to you have some awesome news to post and for me to get finished with my revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of CJ and follow her blog, but had never heard about this book, until I saw the announcement.

    You don't often talk about a lot of my kind of books here, Shannon, but this one sounds like one I would really like. Are there any sword fights?

    Can't wait to check it out. Congrats CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm familiar with CJ through YARWA. That means we're going to get the big announcement today there too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ecstatic for her! I hadn't met her until yesterday, when I heard the news. Glad I found her. :) Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantabulous news!!! Hoorah for CJ!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Shannon!! :) And of course you're still my CP. Silly Shannon. ;D

    Matthew - Yes, there are sword fights. And other fights. And epic explosions. And... that's probably all I'm supposed to reveal. :)

    Thanks to everyone for the lovely good wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I don't even know CJ and I am so happy for her! I am going to hop over to her blog now. And of course, I can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay. i know CJ after having taken the Query, synopsis and plotting workshops with her last year. So thrilled by her announcement.

    She really does deserve it. I know how hard she works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your friend and yeah!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! That's awesome. Congrats to C.J. And thanks Shannon for sharing the news :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! I was so excited for her. So well deserved.

    There's seriously been so much good news lately. So many awesome bloggers signing book deals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the news on her blog, and I'm excited for her. If her book brings the funny like her blog, it's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I *feel* like I know CJ, just through Sara McCleezy -- but CONGRATS to her!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much!