Wednesday, May 11, 2011

For all you Stalkers out there!

Um...I really hope that blog title won't bring out the Creepers. You guys are all normal, right? Relatively, at least? :)

Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know some of the events I'll be at this summer--NOT because I think any of you are going to be like: What? Shannon Messenger is going? WELL THEN I MUST GO TOO! (Honestly, I'm more worried you'll be like: oh, SHE'S going to be there? must. cancel. plans.) Really, I just want to know how many of YOU will be there, so I can keep an eye out for you.

So here's the big conventions/conferences I'll be at:

June 23-28th
ALA Summer Conference
New Orleans
(It's my first time in NOLA, and while I'm dreading the heat, I AM SO EXCITED!)

July 20-24
Comic Con
San Diego
(still deciding if I'll be in costume at any point...) 

July 26th
B&N Oceanside, CA
(wouldn't miss it for the world!)

August 4-7
SCBWI International Conference
Los Angeles
(still trying to find pajamas for the pajama party)

I'll definitely be hoping to hit some other signings and things in the mix, but these are the things I WILL be at, barring some weird, fluke-y, "life happens" thing. So the real question is: will any of you be there too?

Let me know in the comments, so I know to keep an eye out for you!


  1. This is unacceptable. I don't see Buffalo, NY up there. Please rectify glaring mistake. :) :P

    Hehehe! I would love to go to one of those events, but sadly, I am poor and plane tickets cost too much.

  2. Wish I was going to be there because I'd love to meet you. Wish they were closer to where I live. Sigh.

  3. Looks like you are going to be having an amazing summer! I on the other hand will be stuck in Kansas.

    Have fun!

  4. I still haven't made my way to a conference yet. This is my second year writing and I'll be honest... I'm sort of terrified to go. It'd be awesome to meet amazing writers but I don't know what to expect.

    Am I to have a finished book?
    Do I need an elevator pitch?
    Must I find the strenght to talk to agents?

    These are questions I'd love the answers to. Also for a girl who isn't one to really be apart of a crowd I'm curious if everyone actually gets together and pairs up in hotel rooms for real pajama parties!

  5. I've decided. You wearing a costume this year to the con, Shannon. :D

    And make sure your PJ's are warm. I remember how chilly it was last year. ;)

  6. I dunno how you're gonna top last year's rainbow bright costume! lol

  7. Re: blog title- and then you wander why you get such strange search terms. lol.

    Some day I'll make it to SCBWI LA. Since airfare from Japan is are 2G's that week, it's not looking like it'll be this year.

  8. I'll be there in spirit!! :-) Take care and Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

  9. Nope. Still trying to figure out a way to make WFC in October. At least that's in San Diego, so you have no excuse not to come meet me, if I can make it.

  10. I'll also be going to SCBWI this summer--woo hoo! :)

  11. I'm so jealous that you'll be at CA Comic Con. I know, we're writers, we should be all about the writer's conferences. But, but...Comic Con! You have to wear a costume at least half of one day - it's all about the experience.

    Have a blast ^_^

  12. I wish I was going to be there so I could stalk, er, meet you, but alas, I am not. :( Have fun!

  13. I'm in favor of a costume...just sayin'. :) One should not go to Comic Con without a costume.

  14. Unfortunately, no. Would love to. I am heading to Ca for a vacation the end of this month and into the next though!

  15. One of these days I'll make it to a conference. One of these days... :-)

  16. Ooh, it's gonna hot as bejeesus for ALA. We hit 90 yesterday. Already. But everywhere is air-conditioned, so you'll need a sweater inside while you're melting outside.

    Have fun! ;)

  17. You know I'm going to be your ultimate stalker at SCBWI-LA. I WISH I was going to all the other stuff!

  18. No and the closest you will be to me is New Orleans.

    It's only 8 hours away!

  19. I wish! Someone needs to start planning a conference in the Bahamas. :D

  20. Would love, love, love to go to these! But, my budget for conferences this year is caput... :( There's always next year!

    Promise I'm not a creeper, but are there specific conferences that you frequent every year?

    Have fun at ALL of them!

  21. I so wish I could go to some of these, but the international travel is too much at the moment. I'm saving up for next year though!

  22. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR ALA!!!!!!!!!



  23. OH and PS. Cristin's coming! And Alexandra, too :) AND Karen might be. Add them to the already amazeballs list of everyone going.

    It's going to be epic.

  24. Sorry, even New Orleans is too far for me. But I am attending the SC Book Festival this weekend!

  25. Shannon, you're going to be at ALA - ME TOO!!!! I'm signing on Saturday, June 25th at the Scholastic booth at 3:00 p.m.! Do I actually get to meet you????????? I'm totally excited!!!

  26. I will be at ALA! It is going to be awesome!!!

  27. I'm really sad I'm missing ALA. If course, my best friend has to pick THAT WEEKEND for her wedding. Geez.

    I'll be at the Supernaturally signing and at SCBWI LA! :-)

  28. Comic Con was in our area this past weekend.

    Have fun at all the different conferences.


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3