As you ALL know from the insane amount of whining I've done lately, I've recently pulled some marathon hours trying to meet a deadline. What I HAVEN'T told you is that in order to meet that deadline, I had to go into full on writer mode--and by "full on writer mode", well...I've had to do some things I'm less than proud of. But it's Tell The Truth Tuesday, so it's time to come clean.
1. There *might* have been days where I never changed out of my pajamas.
2. I also might *not* have showered sometimes. Or even washed my face.
3. If my husband had found where I hid the camera (and yes, I hid it--one must always think ahead), you would've seen just how homeless I looked. I was HAWT! (actually, it...*might* have qualified as grounds for divorce. The poor hubs.)
4. There also *might* have been days where the only walking I did was from the bedroom to the bathroom--about 20 steps total.
5. Sadly, I'm *not* exaggerating.
6. I keep my laptop next to my bed, so when my alarm went off I grabbed it and got to work.
7. When my husband came home from work he brought me dinner (my one and only meal of the day).
8. So the only time I left the bed was when I had to pee. (Even I have my limits).
9. It's amazing my leg muscles haven't gone into atrophy.
10. During the all-nighters I pulled, I *might* have forgotten to brush my teeth.
11. What? I brush my teeth before bed. So if I never went to bed...
12. I'm aware of what a weak excuse that is.
13. I'm also what you might call a "method writer."
14. I don't just write my characters--I live them. I feel what they feel.
15. And I have one character who's...particularly angsty.
16. So living with me these last few weeks has been a lot like this:
17. Again...I'm *not* exaggerating.
18. The hubs will verify.
19. To channel those kind of emotions, I've had to listen to a lot of songs like THIS and THIS and THIS.
20. On auto repeat.
21. And the only break would be when I'd switch characters. And then I'd have to listen to THIS.
22. Don't. Ask. Just...don't.
*Phew* Okay--that was a lot to confess. How many of you are feeling sorry for my husband now?
Yeah...I don't blame you. But...but...I can't be the ONLY one who gets like this in writer mode. PLEASE tell me you guys have committed at least ONE of these sins at some point!!!!!!!
If not...um...anything else embarrassing you'd like to share in the comments? Pretty please?