2. It's really my own fault. For some strange reason EVERYTHING was happening in February and March. And apparently I went crazypants and was like: well hello tiny slot of empty space in my already full calendar: I SHOULD FILL YOU.
3. No really. For example: On Thursday I'm now driving up to Big Sur for the AB Lit Big Sur Writer's Workshop.
4. I was not planning to go to this workshop. I wanted to go. But I was not planning it. After all, I was JUST at the San Francisco Writers Conference last week.
5. But, through a series of strange coincidences and events (plus lots and lots of emails), I am now going.
6. Part of me is SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED I can't stop doing this:
7. The other, more practical part of me is thinking about laundry and packing up again and the seven hour drive from So Cal to Big Sur (yes...SEVEN HOURS!!!!)--not to mention cleaning my pages up enough for the intense critiques--and feeling like this:
8. So...I apologize in advance for being a bit like this:
9. I am dropping all kinds of balls right now as I scramble to keep up with everything, and I AM SO SORRY IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM. If I owe you pages or an email or a phone call there *may* be a slight delay. BUT I WILL GET TO IT I PROMISE!!!!!
10. And on that bombshell: Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for your support and for bearing with me. I'm picking up all kinds of cool things: contest prizes, stories and pictures to share, info to pass on, etc. But I know I'm kind of being a crappy blogger in the process. I WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU.
What about you guys? Any truths you want to get of your chest? Lay them on me in the comments!