Wednesday, March 2, 2011

San Francisco Pictures!!!!

Considering how crazy-insane-hectic my March is (and it's only the second day--AHHHHHHH!!!!) I have a feeling I'm not going to have time for a proper San Francisco Writer's Conference post. But they say a picture is worth a thousand words, right? So here ya go. 11,000 words on the highlights of my San Francisco trip!

A mini Bookanista reunion, with the Uber-Fabulous Cory Jackson, Carolina Valdez Miller and Veronica Rossi. Don't you love how we all wore black???

I...don't know why. Carol brought these masks. She made us pose in them. I'm sure there was a reason. I'm just not sure what it was... :D

Proof that Cory is the coolest person on the planet: SHE DRIVES A CONVERTIBLE MINI COOPER. Which she used to give us an awesome tour of the city.

The famous "Painted Ladies"

What you can't tell in this picture is HOW INSANELY COLD IT WAS! 
Also...I love how tired I look in all the pictures. I couldn't seem to sleep while we were there. I blame Carol. I'm not sure why. But I do. :D

A picture I try to take in every city I go to. Me: in front of Tiffanys. It's like the motherland calling me home. :D

Ghiradelli Square. Where it smells like cupcakes and waffle cones and chocolate, all. day. long. I almost refused to leave.

Despite NUMEROUS attempts at daring and bribery--this was the closest Carol came to sliding down the banister.

Cory also took us to see her dream house. 
Gorgeous, right? 

But...while she waxed poetic about writing all day in that amazing Greenhouse, Carol and I couldn't help getting distracted by... something else. Can you see what it was?

Yep. The neighbor's um ... art?

I kept this picture small because I try to keep things more PG around here. But if you click to enlarge well...don't say I didn't warn you. 

And--last but certainly not least--what was probably the highlight of the trip for me:
(which is saying a lot--because this trip had a LOT of highlights)

Me with my lovely and amazing agent, Laura Rennert.

I took a train to meet her--and managed to get the right train and the right stop ON MY FIRST TRY (no really, you don't know how miraculous that is)

She waited for me at the station--in the rain. AND bought me lunch. AND gave me the most wonderful mix of wisdom and encouragement. 

So yeah...it was an AWESOME trip. And I promise I will include some of the things I learned at the conference in future posts.

Coming next week: Big Sur pictures!

38 comments:

  1. Great pictures. It sounds like a fabulous trip. And so cool you got to meet with your agent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. SF seems like a beautiful city. Glad you had such a great time! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I was in San Fran in november and it was so cold, I was lazy and didn't take any pictures. Looks like you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! You all looked beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a blast! I would love to live in San Fran, if only I made about four times as much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Oh my goodness, that uh...art piece... Doesn't that break some kind of public indecency laws over there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to SF so many times in the last two years, those pictures feel like home. Can't wait to go back at the end of the month.

    LOL about the cold. You don't even know what cold means. We're back to -35 F (with wind chill) again. Even the polar bears are whining. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I want to go to SF so bad. It's on my to-do list.

    It looks like you had a great time.

    Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this post made me so homesick. Leaving the Bay Area for podunk TX was a sad, sad thing. :( *sob* WOE!

    But YAY for you guys - looks like you guys had a great time!! And those masks... creepy. But I love 'em. And Ghiradelli Square... *drooooool*

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dream home is awesome. I'd love to write in that greenhouse. The sunlight! And I'm pretty sure if I moved in there, the neighbor's "art" would have an accident. Whoops.

    Can I also mention how awesome Laura's hair is?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pictures! And only Carol would think to bring masks!
    I want to go to Ghiradelli square!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah! This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaah what fun! I'm dying to go to SF. Looks like you had a blast, and with such great people.

    Also, that sculpture? AWESOME in its ridiculousness. I want a well-endowed robot too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like so much fun. I even smelled the chocolate at Ghiradelli Square. I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pictures! Sounds like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pics Shannon! You guys had so much fun :) So bummed I wasn't there, but we'll make up for lost time the next time we get together <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like a fantastic time! I love love LOVE SF. And hm... I'm wondering about those masks. I really hope there *was* reason behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aw, you guys look gorgeous! hope you had a great time -- it's my favorite city by far :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what an amazing trip! Love all the pics. And I'm a bit jealous, too, I must admit... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you had an amazing time! I've only been to SanFran once and it was brief. I've been dying to go back. I'll make it to that conference one of these years... :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've scarred me. I can't pass that dream house without seeing the "art." *weeps*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word, Shannon!!! AHHHHH! Note to self: Hide Shannon's camera.
    You weren't supposed to post the goober pictures! *snort* Oh gosh, do you remember the look on that guy's face when he walked up and saw me on the banister? Ha! I'm totally gonna post your Ellie picture now. :P

    Such a fun time! Missing all of you. I'm having Shannon withdrawal. When can we do this again? Sans banister?

    P.S. You do not look even remotely tired. Only beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a FUN looking trip! Sounds like you had a blast, and you look so adorable in your boots, love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like it was a blast! I love SF. I went there for the first time last fall while on my honeymoon to Napa and SF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ok those masks are just erm... a tad kinky! LOL!!

    Moving swiftly on!!!! LOL!!! Awwwwww the pics are fab!! You're all looking fab!!!!! Carol Valdez Miller is just insane! LOL!!

    Yay for your nice agent!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome pictures. And "tired" looks great on you. My tired includes dark circles under the eyes. Don't see any under yours. Ahem. You rock for getting the right train and the right stop on the first try! I've gotten incredibly lost up there. In neighborhoods you don't want to venture into...as a criminal...unarmed.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How the heck did you all fit in a mini-cooper???lol

    I love those things. Also love the garden art. MUST HAVE.lol

    Great post, get some sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think SF is my fave city in the U.S., after my beloved Portland.

    Your agent is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It sounds like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Okay, I think we were totally up in SF the same weekend, but why do YOUR pictures suggest much better weather?! It was really REALLY cold though.

    Looks like you had lots of fun! I <3 SF!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The awesome mask pic made me forget everything I saw...except the odd art...I can't unsee that. Thanks. Ü
    Funny Stuff I Write And Draw

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, I love San Francisco, I miss San Francisco! Focus on the things you're doing this month and have a ball--I better not get a reply to this comment. We'll all keep without a little attention for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW! Looks like an amazing trip!!! What awesome pictures. That house is...gosh...breathtaking...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great pictures! Loved the one of the Painted Ladies and the dream house. And so cool that you got to hang with some other Bookanistas and meet your agent! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks like you had loads of fun, awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is the best post ever. Those pictures are priceless. Wordless. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  38. But did YOU slide down the banister?

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3