Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Random Wednesday

Warning: this post will not be a literary masterpiece. But go with me anyway. :)

1. I have no idea why, but for some reason my MMGM this week never posted to google reader. So I've only had 16 people enter to win the 3 awesome MG ARCs I'm giving away. Which is fine if that's really the only people who want to enter. But I have a feeling there's more of you. So here's a LINK if you missed it.

2. Another thing you might have missed: details about the awesome events WriteOnCon has going on in April. Three live events guys. THREE. And they're a slightly different format: live blogging queries events. Also, today--yes TODAY--we open the thread for people to post queries for our first event this Monday with agent Roseanne Wells. You do not want to miss out on this. Go HERE for all the details.

3. In case you haven't noticed, I'm only blogging three days this week. And probably next week. And then things will hopefully get back to normal. Until then, I'm still buried under the deadline of doom and--as tends to happen when I push myself too hard--sick as a dog. If you've caught my whining on Facebook, you know I've lost my voice and am pretty darn pathetic. I'll need some serious R&R when this is all over.

4. OMG I HIT 1500 FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did that happen????? I still remember spending months with only 8 followers, (all of whom were people I guilted into clicking follow) and wondering how the heck people got more than that. Thank you to all of you, and *waves to new followers* I'll have to come up with something fun and celebratory for this. Once my brain is no longer mush.

5. Um...I really don't have anything else to say. But this post is SO boring. So...how about an editing themed lolcat, since I'm currently still stuck in REVISION HELL!!!


Happy Wednesday!

20 comments:

  1. Good luck with the revisions. I can tell it's a super work, nothing else time for you. Hope you rest enough so you get better.

    That's great that you hit 1500 followers. As a newer blogger developing my readership, it's encouraging to know that the numbers increase.

    And can't wait for the awesome WriteOnCon events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rofl. I love that LOLcat pic. And I am right there with ya in revision hell! :D

    MASSIVE congrats on 1500 followers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that lolcat.

    I MISS YOU!!!!

    Will have to send you an email soon to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is awesome! Love it.

    Good luck with your revisions! And the WriteOnCon events sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've never been boring. Innocent, sure, but never boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome LOL cat. And you deserve each and every one of those followers--you are awesome! :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your randomness today. You shouldn't apologize for it. Random is good. And also the cat. I'm going to have to remember that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved your site. You're one of the best out there. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with revisions. I'm in revision hell as well -- we can toast marshmallows together. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there, girl! YOU CAN DO IT. I hope you get to feeling better soon. (Plenty of liquids, enough sleep...) And way big congrats on 1500 followers, woo! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, I will be back in editing hell after my agent gets back from Bologna next month. So until then I'm trying to forget that book even exists, and work on my WiP instead.

    Let me know if you need another reader. I'm procrastinating even more than I'm actually writing these days, so it wouldn't really be taking any time away from my writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smexy Shannon!!! Yay for your 1500 and growing followers!! Yay for your fab giveaways and your amaziing writeoncon event!!! Yay for the scary kitty! LOL!!

    Good luck with your edits!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on hitting 1500!

    I'm so excited for Write On Con! Good luck with the revisions and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cat. Edit your face.lol Congrats on the 1500 followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you feel better! And congrats on the followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the kitty! Sorry I haven't been around lately. Congrats on the well deserved followers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on 1500! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1500!!! That's incredible - yay for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on 1500! And hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3