Thursday, February 24, 2011

Liar Society Fangirls--Day Four

Before I start today's post, there's something that has to be said.

Yesterday, the writing world suffered a tremendous loss when the amazingly talented and wonderful woman, L.K. (Lisa) Madigan, lost her fight to pancreatic cancer. I'd never had the pleasure of knowing her beyond blogs and Twitter, but I adored her both online and on the page. And she was friends with so many of my friends, I've felt this loss very deeply. My thoughts and prayers are with all suffering through this loss.

Part of me wondered if I should hold off today's TLS festivities. But Lisa was such a joyous, supportive person, I have a feeling she would want us to go on, to keep talking about happy things, about great books, to keep supporting friends with fun and laughter.

So that's what I'm going to do, but with a slightly heavy heart. And I find myself compelled to add that if you haven't had a chance to read FLASH BURNOUT or THE MERMAID'S MIRROR, I highly recommend you do. Lisa was kind enough to leave behind these stories for us to hold to, now that she's left us. Savor them--they're a tremendous literary legacy.

And...I think that's enough sadness for one day.

It's time to focus on something truly hilarious. This is not really a Bookanista post today, because we're continuing with The Liar Society Fangirls videos. But since TLS is an AWESOME book I highly recommend (you can read my review HERE) I'm counting it for the Bookanistas too.

You've seen Elana Johnson, me, and Beth Revis all go...a little crazy for THE LIAR SOCIETY. But NO ONE goes quite as crazy as Suzanne Young. You'll see what I mean...

I don't care how many times I watch that--it STILL makes me giggle.

And come back tomorrow when Kimberly Derting shows us why resistance is futile when it comes to this book. See you then!

For more book recommendations, check out what my fellow Bookanistas are up to:


  1. she did such a fun job! I love how she's got a towel on her head and then in the next shot it's pink. Priceless.

  2. I'm still catching up with all the pink madness vlogs going on!! LOL!!

    Aww it's very sad to hear about LK Madigan. :-(

    Take care

  3. You always know exactly how to say it, Shannon.

    We're heart broken over the loss of L.K. Madigan. It puts everything in perspective.

    Your support for our little book makes us so happy. Seriously. We're so lucky.

  4. You girls are doing such an amazing job promoting Liar Society. I have my copy pre-ordered and I can't wait to read it.

  5. It was so sad to hear about L.K. Madigan. It makes you realize what's really important--and freaking out over anything in this process isn't it. I'm adding The Mermaid's Mirror to my list since I have yet to read it.

  6. So sad to hear about L.K. Madigan's death. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

    Love the video. You all have outdone yourselves with this one.

  7. Just saw this on Elana's blog. Suzanne is a riot. Everyone needs a Suzanne in their life.

    My heart goes out to Lisa's family and loved ones. Such a sad loss.

  8. My heart goes out to Lisa's family and friends. I have been reading tributes to her and they are beautiful.

    Your videos keep getting more fun!
    My Blog

  9. Great video! Love the pink braids. I'll have to tune in for Kimberly's vid tomorrow.
    Prayers sent to Lisa Madigan's family during this time. What a terrible loss.
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

  10. I was very sorry to hear about Lisa. My prayers are with her family and friends.

    The video? Too funny! If I made calls like that for every book I'm obsessed over...well, let's just say I wouldn't have the cool pink hair. I'd end up in a not cool white jacket ;)


  11. So sad aboug Lisa. I know it must be such a hard time for her faamily. I'm sure her family will take comfort in the fond memories of her writer friends.

  12. Pink braids AND a sword? How did I not know there was a sword?

  13. So fun - love the jogging scene :)

  14. I love Suzanne on Twitter...this video made me love her even more.

  15. i love this whole TLS fangirls video thing. It's so effective it makes me want to pick up a copy right now. Only it's too cold and i'm already snug in my bathrobe so maybe tomorrow. :P Can't wait to read it!


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3