Thursday, December 16, 2010

You will never believe it!

Okay, I know today is supposed to be Bookanista day, but amazingly enough, I'm not here. I'm in Paris!!!

Well...okay, I'm in Paris Las Vegas--which is SO not the same. But it's close enough for this girl, who hasn't had a real vacation in almost 2 years and since the 4 hour car drive to Vegas is MUCH more realistic than the 12 hour flight to Paris...well...yeah. I'll take what I can get.

And hey, it still has an Eiffel Tower:...

If you've been following my blog for a while now you'd know that this is sort of a tradition my husband and I have, because the weekend before Christmas is DIRT CHEAP in Vegas. So we go every year and once again we'll be staying in a beautiful room and seeing a show and doing lots of shopping and eating and--believe it or not: RELAXING!!!!

I know. I'm not sure if I remember how to do that--but I'm going to try, cause oh mans do I need a break!!!

But sorry, I don't have a Bookanista review for you today, and I won't be posting for the rest of the week/weekend. But I'll be back on Monday with a vengeance and I promise a full report on my trip next week--especially if I stumble into any of the shenanigans that seem to be the norm for me.

Have a wonderful rest of the week! Oh, and in case you missed it, don't miss your chance to win an ARC of DESIRES OF THE DEAD (enter HERE) or a signed copy of ELLA ENCHANTED (enter HERE).

And if you're craving some wonderful book recommendations, check out what the rest of the Bookanistas are up to today:



Kirsten Hubbard celebrates JOHN BELUSHI IS DEAD and THE MOCKINGBIRDS

Elana Johnson gives a little love to JOEY FLY 2: PRIVATE EYE

Beth Revis chimes in on CHIME

Lisa and Laura Roecker rave about BOOKS THEY’RE DYING TO READ

Carolina Valdez Miller looks ahead to JANUARY RELEASES


Bethany Wiggins fawns over Firelight



39 comments:

  1. I love Vegas! My husband and I married there (a planned wedding, not impromptu) three years ago. Thanks for the info--We should try and get back there next year right before Christmas! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Can I just say I am soooo jealous! The kids at school are nuts and Vegas sounds amazing!

    But in all seriousness have a great time and relax!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...will you be breaking the golden rule WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS, STAYS IN VEGAS, or will you provide us some juicy details upon your return? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend with your husband. And relax, you deserve it. I've never been to Vegas. It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time! I've never been to Vegas but I really want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanx for the tips, the hubs and i will hit the strip next year then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Win yourself a new pair of shoes! And remember: you NEVER leave a heater. Never.

    Have a blast!

    EJW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I've never been to Vegas. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE Vegas. I need to make this a tradition. Have super fun.

    I hope you brought the video camera... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have an amazing time! Take pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have an AWESOME trip Shannon! And YOU BETTER ACTUALLY GET SOME RELAXATION IN. *wags finger because I know how you are*

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun. Vegas is insanely cheap right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you! Are you going to pick up a new designer handbag?! Will we get to name it again?? Enjoy your break, #1. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy yourself and RELAX!! I won't tell you how long it's been since I've had a vacation because it's jut down right depressing. Have tons o' fun!

    Cheers,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Have FUN!!!

    I don't gamble much yet I LOVE Vegas! Because, I DO shop, eat, dance, party (especially poolside!) and various other debaucheries. (Oh, do I have me some Vegas stories. ;)

    Enjoy your trip!
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like fun! Hope you have a blast! What a nice tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  17. PRETTY!!! Have a great weekend! I had no idea it was dirt cheap the weekend before Christmas. *mental note for next year*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never been to Vegas. Definitely something I need to do. :) Enjoy your time relaxing.
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for Paris! And dude, it's only 4 hours to Las Vegas?! It's only 6 for me. Next time, we must coordinate and meet or something.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so could use a vacation right about now. Hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, play a few hands of blackjack in my honor! And don't forget to double down. LOVE Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's been years since I've been to Las Vegas. I don't like to fly anymore and it would take days of driving to get there.

    Have a great time in "Paris".

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you have a wonderful time! I say take advantage of bargains when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have a great weekend! Love that lovin' time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh-la-la! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea! Vegas at Christmas time. Have fun and do not get into trouble! Well maybe a little but don't steal Mike Tyson's tiger or anything crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have fun in Vegas :) Hopefully it isn't scorching hot this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh la la and way to go!! :-)

    Enjoy Paris in Vegas!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Are you picking up a sibling for Roget Vito Messenger?

    I hope you have a great time! And one of these trips, we should do lunch; I'm just outside of Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Actually, Ben and I got married in Vegas (13 years ago), and I love seeing the eyebrows go up when I tell people that.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, I love Vegas! My brother lives there and we visit as often as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hope you and your husband have a ton of fun!! Have you checked out the buffet at the Bellagio? YUM!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Shannon, when I started reading your post, I thought, "PAREE! She's in PAREE?" Vegas is still cool though, girl. Have fun. Relaxing--oh my. I need that.

    I'll be back Monday. (which is tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3