Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Across the World Tour for Across the Universe (and because it's me...I brought the Shannon Shame)

Okay, I am SO excited to be a part of this blog tour. I mean, how awesome does Beth's book sound? *taps foot impatiently for my turn with The Bookanistas' ARC*

Not to mention Beth has been one of my favorite bloggers since I first "found" her about a year-and-a-half ago. She was one of those people that I just instantly thought: I need to know this girl!  So it has been such a thrill and honor to get to know her and watch all her tremendous success and be a small part of her journey toward literary world domination. (oh, and you can bet there will be domination. Have you SEEN the buzz she has going--all totally deserved, btw?)

And now she has a secret password protected section for her website--dang, the girl knows how to keep us in suspense!!! (Though...I was lucky enough to get the password early, so I've already checked it out. There is some way cool stuff in there, guys. For realzies. And no, I won't give away the secret. Well...not unless the bribe you offer is REALLY good) ;)

So here's how this works. I'm hanging out over Beth's blog providing TONS of Shannon Shame as I relate my adventure in Itter, Austria. (And believe me guys, it's heavy on the shame. Let's just say mountain biking is involved. And the pictures that go with it are especially embarrassing. I'm twirling in one of them. TWIRLING!)

But before you hop over there to laugh at me (and yeah...you're gonna laugh at me--le sigh), here's the information Beth has provided for how this tour works--and make sure you read all the way to the bottom to get today's clue. 

Across the Universe is a sci fi coming out from Penguin/Razorbill on January 11, 2011. Author Beth Revis describes it as "a murder mystery set in space," but it also has romance, adventure, and dystopian elements. In the book, a girl boards an interstellar spaceship in a journey across the universe to find a new planet.

To celebrate the book's upcoming release, Beth's gathered together writers and readers from across the blogosphere to share their stories of adventures they've had across the world. Check out her site the first two weeks of November to read about adventures from the Wild West to Indonesia, from Europe to Africa.

And as you're going across the world with all these adventures, be sure to pick up the clues. On Beth's webpage is a secret link--LOOK for it, and you'll SEE it. But it's password protected! To find the password, you'll need to go on the adventures with us, pick up the letters, and re-arrange them into the secret phrase.

What do you get for playing? On the password protected page there's tons of secret information about the book--hidden Easter Eggs, the surprising origins of one of the characters, and the unexpected inspiration behind the space ship. But, more than that--there's also a chance for prizes! Only accessible from the password protected page is a form to enter a drawing--the winner will get a signed and doodled ARC of Across the Universe, pin-buttons featuring the book, star-related swag--and a secret something else!



All you have to do is follow us across the blogosphere, pick up the letters, and unscramble the password! Your clue for today is...

T

So there you go--another clue. Anyone ready to guess the sekrit password yet??????

And since this is all about sharing world adventures, have any of you been anywhere cool (doesn't even have to be international) and have any stories you want to tell? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I laughed at you! You tell a great story, girl. I figured the password out a couple days ago, but I'm really enjoying everyone's adventures so I keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you there. I had to go to India to find my husband and China to find my daughter. I think I'm connected to that part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun!!! I love this blog tour, Beth is the sweetest and one fun blogger! Her book looks amazing and I can't wait to snag a copy of it!

    Secret Letter: T *grabs letter and sticks in pocket* THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for it to come out :) The only exciting thing I have is that before I left the home base, I visited 48 states in a 15-passenger van as part of multiple family vacations. And that was all before I set foot in an airplane! I promise there are many embarrassing sibling related moments on trips like those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story. I love the shot of you at the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude. This is the coolest idea. It is also one of the most amazing books. I've read the first chapter and it was literally the most powerful opening scene I can ever remember reading. Chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your adventure, Shannon! (And I'm with Angela--I love the picture of you in the field.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a lot of work and I'm already almost falling asleep in my coffee. BUT it sounds fun and I'm SUPER excited about Beth's book. Especially after hearing her publisher talk about it so passionately at SCBWI. Yay for Across The Universe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Headed over to read your story of shame now! I love what Beth's doing to promote her book - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I am headed over there to check it out. I am trying to think of anywhere I have been exciting...nope. I got nothing. I would say California but that would totally not be exciting for YOU.lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want this book. I want this book. I want this book. I want this book. I want this book. Can you tell I really, really want this book????? Because I really want this book!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and your clue means I'm going to win, right?
    ~T. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this book! *scampers off the read LESHAME*

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a really clever cover. And the title is excellent. Thanks for posting this. Nice that you're supporting her book--your enthusiasm and sincerity really come through.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopping over there to laugh at you. ;) TWIRLING, you say?

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3