Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tell The Truth Tuesday: The #Shannonfail Edition

1. So, I'm still a little sick--but it's my own fault. I've been ignoring all your good advice and staying up too late trying to finish a ton of important stuff. #Shannonfail

2. I also ignored my sore throat and went to a concert on Saturday night and didn't get to bed till almost 2am. AND I sang along with the songs--very off key--using up a lot of the voice I had left. #Shannonfail

3. But...but...it was ANBERLIN! I refuse to call that a #Shannonfail. REFUSE.

4. Those same things keeping me up late at night have also kept me away from blog hopping--which pretty much makes me the Worst. Blogger. Ever! #Shannonfail

5. I miss you guys. A lot. I hate not knowing what you're up to, or reading all the funny things you have to say. I will be back soon--I promise. In the meantime, THANK YOU for bearing with the #Shannonfail.

6. I also haven't been on Twitter much. I swear I'm suffering Twitter withdrawls. The prolific use of hashtags in this post seems to testify to the truthfulness of that statement.

7. And as if that weren't bad enough, I'm also way behind on email. Those of you waiting for a response, I promise--it's coming. I have not forgotten. It's just a temporary #Shannonfail

8. Plus, part of what's keeping me busy is WriteOnCon stuff.

9. We've been hard at work organizing the monthly events, and we'll be announcing the details of the next event tomorrow. Yeah. You probably don't want to wait. Well too bad! (How's that for  #Shannonfail?) :)

10. But to make up for it, here's a funny and totally random lolcat. Enjoy!

(I swear this is what my cats think)

*Phew* That was a lot to confess. What about you guys? Anyone have anything they want to get off their chest? Please, unload in the comments.

And come back tomorrow to find out what WriteOnCon has in store. Our next event is going to be all kinds of awesome. You won't want to miss out. #tease



  1. no am perfect but thanx for sharing :D

  2. Don't worry about not making your rounds. Sometimes things get crazy and something has to give. Everyone understands.

    I hope you get to feeling better. Can't wait to hear what the next WriteOnCon event is!

  3. Don't feel bad - sometimes, blogging has to take a backseat to writing. (It seems like everyone, including me, is blogging about this type of thing today. I think the Universe is trying to tell me something.)

    I'm in the same boat. I haven't had as much time to read blogs, and I really hate that, but I need to spend more time writing, so something's gotta give, and my kids aren't going to suddenly learn to cook for themselves, so... Yeah. I miss the blogs too, but I don't have as much time for it.

    I honestly don't know if I have an email address attached to my profile or not - it's posted on my blog - so it's ishtamerc (AT) gmail (DOT) com. In case you ever want it.

    Have a good day! Happy writing! Happy organizing!

  4. Hope you feel better! Your situation reminds me of the Mr. who ignored his sore throat too, with consequences of a long, drawn out period at home.

  5. Many of my fave bloggers have been on a bit of a hiatus from blogging / commenting. I haven't been as diligent as normal either. Must be something in the air. You're absolved :-)

  6. Hmmm... I have failed to be the least bit irritated with you. In fact, I'd say you're still your wonderful Shannon woo-hoo-ness. Does that count as #Shannonfail on my end?! Ha ha ha.

  7. ER... I'm reading your blog at work and pretending not to - LOL!!!

    Sending you lots of healthy vibes! Take care

  8. Hope you're feeling better, Shannon! When you've got so much on your plate, it becomes a juggling act where you often have to let one ball fall if you want to keep the others in the air.

    Just be glad you're not juggling chainsaws! ;)

  9. There is nothing nice to say about today, except that I get to go home when my shift is over!

  10. Don't worry about not following all the blogs or commenting on all our posts. You can't do it all every day. Looking forward to the WriteOnCon next monthly live chat.

  11. You need to slow down!!! Except for WriteOnCon...

    All right that was purely selfish! For real, take it easy so you can be well!

    I have nothing really good to confess today. My life is an open book.

  12. I think staying up late is always a good idea. I do it all the time and it totally works for me.

    *Ignores the fact that she almost missed a writers conference last week because of sickness*

    Yup. Staying up all night to accomplish things FTW.

  13. Hope you feel better soon! Although it sounds like the concert was worth it... :)

  14. Oh, my heck. We must've written posts at the same time--my Friday post is FILLED with hashtags!

    I hope you feel better soon, and that you'll be able to get back to the Internet community. Not that you need to, but you know.

    WOC rocks!

  15. Slow down and make sure to feel better!

  16. Confession - my birthday is tomorrow and I'm spending it in Disneyland instead of at my office. But it's okay, because the boss said I could have the day off. I'll be thanking him as I dash off to the Indiana Jones ride. :D


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3