Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh, the places I'll be...

Hey guys!

I know you probably stopped by expecting another Marvelous Middle Grade Monday feature--but I needed to use today's post to remind you all of the incredible event we have going on over at WriteOnCon tonight:

The lovely and fabulous Sara Megibow with Nelson Literary will be generously giving an entire HOUR of her night to answer all your publishing questions (you do not want to miss this one guys. Sara is AWESOME, and since it's a solo chat she'll have time to answer LOTS of questions).

The event starts at 9:00 PM EDT (6:00 PM PDT) and will be held at the WriteOnCon website. Please come and join us. We promise fun, fantastic information, and...probably some shenanigans too. (someone seems to feel the need to dance during these things. I wonder who that could be...*coughs*)

And I know this isn't much of a proper post--sorry about that--but that's also because my real post today is over at The Mixed-Up Files Blog.  It's my debut contribution and well...I'm scared you guys. I SO don't want to be The-Post-That-No-One-Reads. So can you please please PLEASE hop over there and leave a comment?

I know I beg you guys to do that every time I do a guest post or interview (I'm pathetic like that) but this time I would really really REALLY appreciate it, since this kind of like my first day at a new job and I really want to prove to them that I don't...well...SUCK. So yeah, if you could help a girl out I might love you forever.

Need more convincing? How about some puppy dog eyes?

How can you resist that? Click HERE to find my post.

And to make up for missing Marvelous Middle Grade Monday this week, I'm doing an extra special Bookanista review on Thursday, featuring an awesome Middle-Grade book and a very special giveaway. So make sure you stop by for your chance to enter.

Okay...I think that's everything.

Reminder about WOC event--check.
Desperate begging--check.
Shameless self promotion for Thursday--check.

Yep, I think I covered it all. :)

Hope to see you at the event tonight! Who's planning on coming, so I know to keep an eye out for you?


  1. Thanks, Shannon, for the reminder about WriteOnCon, tonight. Have a class so I won't be there, but enjoy and take notes!! ";-)

  2. Thanks for the reminder of WriteOnCon. I'm going to try my best to get there! Okay I'm off to read your other post!

  3. I think I'm going to walk around with a photo of puppy dog eyes from now on. It'll come in handy everywhere ("Pleeease, can I jump in front of you in this grocery store line?", "Pleeeeease can I have the clothing discount even though I don't have the super-special coupon?", etc.). Heading over to your other post :)

  4. I hope to be a part of the chat this evening. Depends on when I get home from work.

  5. Thanks for the WOC reminder. I'm going to try and nap and set my alarm for 2am UK time to make it. Fingers crossed. :)

    Off to check out your other post now. The puppy eyes worked. :)

  6. I'm excited though I hope they fix my Internet so I don't have to watch on my phone.

  7. The problem will be to REMEMBER to come onto my computer at nine tonight! I've wanted to attend the last few events and I kept forgetting. Sigh. #wonderswhenoldagehit

  8. You know I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

    *whoa: my word ver is an actual WORD! What are the odds? It must be a sign!

  9. Good luck with this!! As I have no idea about time differences etc, I'll probably play catch up later!! Enjoy and have fun peeps! Thanks lovely Shannon Whitney Messenger for doing all this - puppy dog eyes and all! LOL! take care

  10. Awwww, cute puppy dog eyes - irresistible! Thanks for the reminder about tonight. I plan to attend as long as the hubby and 3 kiddos don't get too needy! :-)

  11. Off to read your other post...

  12. I'm really looking forward to the transcript of this one (curse you, timezones), she seems like an amazing agent!

    Off to comment right now, those eyes are too much for me.

  13. I should be there tonight and the puppy dog eyes totally got me. I'm off to leave a comment. :)
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

  14. I will have to check out Writeoncon and good luck with your post : )

  15. I will try to make it but if I can't, I will go back and read every word! Someone always asks the same questions I would and good luck tonight!

  16. Thanks for the reminder about tonight, I hope I can make it! And very cute puppy dog eyes. ;)


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3