*Phew* What a week!
In case you missed it somehow, this whole week has been dedicated to one of my favorite Middle Grade Series, THE GREY GRIFFINS, by Derek Benz and J.S. Lewis.
Monday was the start of the contest--which runs all the way through Sunday--so if you haven't entered to win the awesome signed books and art you might want to jump on that.
Tuesday was a fabulous interview with Jon Lewis where he shared some incredible writing advice and details about the Grey Griffins books, and his new YA series coming soon. (and btw, people who leave comments on the interview get an extra entry in the contest)
Wednesday you guys BLEW ME AWAY. I wanted to give something back to the writing community--very much the way Jon Lewis has for me over the last year, so I offered to give away three 'first chapter' critiques to 3 random commenters. I was SO afraid no one would want them, but I ended up with over 60 comments. I'm still geeking out about it. And I promise I will be announcing the winners in just a minute.
Thursday was a Bookanista review of the newest Grey Griffins book--THE BRIMSTONE KEY--in which I tried to articulate the sheer awesomeness of the story without rambling. Not sure if I succeeded.
Which brings us to today. I thought I'd cap off the week with five more reasons why you need to give the Grey Griffins series a chance:
1. The Characters: Each of the kids is unique and special--I dare you not to find one you can relate to. And the adult characters kick butt. I mean, they're Knights of the Templar, or figures straight out of legend. Morgan La Fey. Vlad Dracula. Need I say more?
2. The Authors: Not only is Jon Lewis nice, helpful, and inspiring--he's also hilarious. I mean, he dedicated THE BRIMSTONE KEY to Dwight K. Schrute. (Anyone who's a fan of The Office knows how awesome that is.)
3. The Art: I am SO jealous of all the art they have for the series. Each one has a different style and feel, to appeal to every taste. I have a few different posters, but my favorite is of the two girls (of course) Brooke and Natalia:
4. Fresh plots: Have I mentioned that the new trilogy blends fantasy and steampunk enough yet? Cause I still can't get over how stinking cool that is. And even in the other trilogy, they incorporate Arthurian Legend. Not the typical middle grade fantasy stories.
5. Kids love them: I know a lot of you confessed to not knowing about these books, but kids eat them up. They've sold almost a million copies of them. That is a lot of freaking books. I mean, wow. #jealous
So I know there's a zillion books out there to choose from, but if you're looking for something different and awesome--for yourself or your kids--I highly recommend this series!
Which leaves me with nothing else to say--except to announce the winners of the first chapter critiques. According to randomizer.org, the lucky winners are:
So check your email guys. There's one in there from me explaining how to send your pages. I'll try to work as quick as I can, but I am a thorough critiquer so I can be a tad on the slow side. Bear with me.
And really guys--I am in AWE of how enthusiastic you all were about this prize. If it were at ALL feasible I totally would have given critiques to everyone. But I can promise I will do this again. Not sure when I'll have the time, but keep an eye out for it because I'm going to try. You all are such a wonderful support for me and my blog, it's the least I can do. Thank you for reading, for commenting, for following. I really don't think I can explain how much it means. :)
Congrats again to the winners and I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Winners of the Grey Griffins prizes will be posted on Monday!