Friday, September 17, 2010

Five Fantastic Reasons to Be Excited!!!

I've seen a lot of bloggers to a Friday Five, or Five things on a Friday--and you know how I can never pass up a fancy alliteration. But I had to put my own little twist on it, because, well, I'm me. So I'm giving you the five things on a Friday that I'm super-duper-awesomely excited about!!!

1) Okay, I'm starting with the biggest. Now, some of you may have already seen it--because I'm pretty sure everyone and their brother follows her blog (and if you don't, you should!!). But the absolutely amazing Elana Johnson finally has her cover art and OMG it is GORGEOUS! If you have not seen it get thee to her blog and check it out. I guarantee there will be much ooo-ing and ahh-ing. 

2) I love watching great things happen to incredible people, so I'm not exaggerating when I say that I totally SQUEED when I read Tere Kirkland's announcement on Tuesday. She has an agent you guys! A huge, mega-awesome agent! I won't tell you who it is because she put it so much better than I did. But here's the post. Hop over there and check it out!

3) Okay, I'm pretty sure you guys are aware of the Epic Giveaways we have going on WriteOnCon, but on the off chance that you've been living under a rock or something, go here to see the complete list. Seriously, I SO wish I could enter to win these! *pouts*

4) I'm also pretty sure you've heard about the Monthly Live Events WriteOnCon will be hosting. (Remember Monday's big announcement?) Well, I don't know if you noticed, but there was a sentence in there about more names to be announced and I promise guys--we haz some!!!! We're just quadruple confirming before we post the names, but keep your eyes out for an update, hopefully next week. (Yep, I'm teasing again. Apparently once I start I can't stop) :)

5) And--last but certainly not least--I'm super excited about my interview on the Operation Awesome Blog. The girls there have been so sweet to post interviews with all of us WriteOnCon girls, and this week it's my turn. And I must admit, I'm always SUPER scared to do these interview things because I'm always worried I'll be like, the post that kills their blog (their 'jumping the shark' moment--if you will). And the pressure's doubly high for a blog called OPERATION AWESOME! I mean, what if I can't live up to their awesome? So if you love me at all--or just, yanno, wanna discover a fabulous new blog--PLEASE hop over there and leave a comment, so they know at least a few people read the interview. Pretty please? *bats eyelashes*

Okay, there you go. Five Fantastic Reasons to be excited on a Friday. But what about you guys. Did I miss anything? What are you excited about today?

23 comments:

  1. Ooh! Very exciting things! I went to Elana's blog, though, and could not find her shiny new cover. :( I have failed.

    If you or someone would kindly direct me to the correct corner of her blog where she is hiding said cover, I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elana's cover too. I'm so happy for her.

    That's so cool Tere signed with Rosemary Stimola. I saw Rosemary at a SCBWI conference and she gave one of the most creative talks I've ever heard.

    I don't have five great things to report. Just after my long day today, it'll be a quiet weekend with hopefully time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, besides the things you've already mentioned (which I AM excited about), I'm excited about starting a writing class to help me with my novels on Monday, and about starting something new and fun and super-secret-until-I-share-it-with-all-of-you-on-my-blog. ;-) (Apparently, you're not the only tease today.) And also, the return of my fave TV shows this week and next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All awesome news! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! *running off to check out those links- especially Elana's! I'm so psyched for her!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, that is a lot of exciting stuff. I just saw Elana's cover. LOVE IT!!!! I hadn't heard Tere's news. Thanks for the update.

    I'm excited that I'll be finishing off my edits today--then it's off to my final round of beta readers. Plus, tomorrow I'll be attending the first EVER SCBWI conference in my city. Too bad it's geared mostly for novice writers (though there will be more advanced writers there).

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much great stuff happening!! I know--about Elana's cover. WOW. I love it! I'm elated that my hubs will be home by Monday. He's been in S. Korea for work for over a week. Long week with four kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything seems small in comparison to Elana freaking fantastic cover!

    Have a great weekend!

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love hearing news like Tere Kirkland's. Thanks for the heads up on Elana's cover--I stopped by her blog and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy weekend, love. Make it fabulous.

    Lola-->out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't need more fabulous in their Friday morning? Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ranked #2! Sweet! Shannon, you rule!

    Thanks again, everyone.

    Also, LURVE Elana's cover, lucky duck!

    I'm off to read your interview, dahling!

    (Can you tell I'm excited about everything today? ;D )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are all great reasons, and helped brighten up my day. Thanks fofr sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elana's cover is awesome! And congrats Tere. And your interview is, well, awesome!

    What am I excited about today? Well, today's the 24-Hour play festival at the university where I work and I'll be writing one of the plays tonight...coming up with the idea and writing it all in one night. Hoping for some brilliant inspiration!

    I'm also *this close* to finishing novel revisions. Hopefully will have that done maybe this weekend?

    So yeah, those are my exciting things!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness, Elana's cover is breathtaking!! I am SOOO even more excited about her book coming out. Why must I wait until next summer? Why?!

    Okay, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but it really is a gorgeous, evocative cover, and I really am going to be buying it as soon as it comes out.

    Thank you again for the interview! We love featuring AWESOME writers like you! You rock! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Friday was going kinda pfluuut, but then I read your post and I have to admit it perked me right up.

    Don't worry, you lived up to the blog name. You're interview is awesome.

    Oh, and Elana's cover? *faint*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Her cover is insane!!!!!! Ah! How exciting this must be for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all the fab links! I've just hopped back from your interview - fab!

    take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. All fabulous stuff! And OF COURSE you'll fit in just fine on Operation Awesome. You're made of awesomesauce as the great EJ would say.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, this post is full of such goodness. I've hopped over to Elana's blog and you're right - the cover is amazing! - and I just read your fab interview at Operation Awesome.

    Love Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for plugging me. I so don't deserve it. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3