Friday, August 27, 2010

An Incredible Week, a Winner, and a HUGE way to say Thank You!

Just when I think the blogging community can't get anymore amazing, there's a week like this one and I'm absolutely blown away. Thank you all so much for helping C.J. raise money for her adoption fund--with your help she's more than halfway there. To anyone who blogged, tweeted, or donated I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you. But I'll have to settle for this:

{{HUGS}} 

Which really isn't the same. So I've come up with another way to thank you. But first, I have a winner to announce.

The lucky winner of free registration for C.J.'s next Query Workshop--according to Randomizer.org--is...

*drumroll please*


Yay! 

*tosses confetti* 

Enjoy it Marsha--that workshop is AMAZING! And check your email, there's one from me with all the information you'll need. :)

And I know I'd also promised to give away 5 critiques by yours truly, that way more people would walk away with a reward for their generosity. But the more I've thought about it--and the more I've watched everyone rise to the occasion and jump on the cause--well...that didn't seem like enough.

So I decided--in what I *hope* isn't a moment of insanity--to do a free query critique for all the other entrants. Um, yeah, you're reading that right.

I can't guarantee that you're going to like any of my advice, and you certainly don't have to take me up on the offer. But if you entered Monday's contest, check your inbox. There's one from me telling you how to send your query to me if you want the critique. 

*prepares for a flood of email*

Thank you again to everyone who helped out. C.J.'s not there yet, but we've closed a HUGE chunk of the gap, and we couldn't have done it without you. And if you missed the earlier post and would like to help bring an orphan home from China, you can find instructions for how to donate here.

Have a great weekend everyone! 

And be sure to stop by next week. It's time for another one of my awesome theme weeks--this time highlighting a middle grade series you SERIOUSLY need to check out. The authors have been kind enough to donate some pretty stinking amazing prizes--and I have a few tricks of my own--so be sure to stop by all five days. I promise not to disappoint! :)

18 comments:

  1. Congrats to Marsha on the win!

    If you go cross-eyed from the queries, will you post a picture? You know we can't get enough of Shannon Shame. ;)

    I'm happy to hear CJ is gettin' there. I fully intend to donate *something* but had to wait until today (payday) to see how replenished my discretionary funds were. I've got a post ready to go, but I didn't want to put it up until *after* I was able to make the donation real. Seems kinda hypocritical otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Marsha. And thanks so much Shannon for your generous offer to critique all our queries. It is amazing. I am so excited that you'll give me your opinion. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news! Congrats Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I missed all the fun while I was away on vacation. Can't wait to check out your blog next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    And the giving doesn't stop! =)

    I didn't join your contest, Shannon, because I'm not *really* a writer these days (It's my great tragedy); but I wanted to tell you how much I admire your generosity, going above and beyond what you promised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Marsha! Wow. Shannon, you are seriously the coolest. What a nice thing to do. Uber karma points to you! Thank you so much ;o)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I'm glad for CJ, and look at you doing query crits! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WON I WON I WON!!!!

    Thank you so much!!!
    I would have donated even if there had been no prizes offered. Helping C.J. out with a cause that worthwhile is prize enough!

    But I am still happy.lol

    LOVE YOU, SHANNON!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Marsha. Thanks again, Shannon! I actually signed up for C.J.'s Query Workshop based on your recommedation. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratualtions to Marsha.

    I'm also thrilled for C.J. Such a great result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Marsha! :)

    Glad to hear CJ is getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Marsha!

    Thank you so much for posting about CJ. I hopped over and donated - it's such a great cause and I'm so happy to have had a chance to help!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Marsha!!!! And Yay for CJ!! Thanks for the info and links again!

    Have a great weekend!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so awesome for CJ, and incredibly lucky for everyone who helped out and entered. It's too kind of you to give back to each entrant personally and I'm sure they will appreciate your critiques!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omigosh!!! One of my fave people in the bloggosphere! Congrats, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3