Monday, July 26, 2010

A Wholly Unsatisfying Comic Con report

I had big plans you guys. BIG plans.

I was going to come home, unpack, run laundry, import all my pictures, organize all my swag into contest prizes, and prepare an epic blog post detailing all my Comic Con adventures.

Well...I did the coming home part okay. I also opened my suitcase and piled everything into laundry stacks all over my living room. Then I started unpacking all of my swag and ended up making my bed look like a publisher threw up all over it.

And then it hit. That bone tired, I've-been-waking-up-at-5am-and-walking-crowded-halls-ALL-day-for-the-last-four-days exhaustion where your body seems to mushify and you realize you will probably never be able to move again.

So after I sat there on my bed for way too long--debating whether sleeping on top of the swag would damage it and letting my legs fall so deeply asleep they still have pins and needles--I realized my plans had officially crumbled. Then I gathered the swag back into the giant bags, pretended the laundry didn't exist, and now I'm slapping together this pathetic post, begging your forgiveness in advance.

If I tried to write a proper post it would probably look like this:

Sotiredsotiredsotiredsotiredsotired

So for now, all I'll say is that Comic Con was the most bizarre, most crazy, most chaotic four days I've had in a long time, and I promise a full report tomorrow--with pictures of THE COSTUME (in case you didn't see the one I tweeted). 

And while I'm nowhere near organized enough to prepare any sort of contest for you guys at this point, I can give you a teasing glimpse of just how much awesome stuff I will have to offer over the next few weeks, months--however long it takes me to give away all this swag:


And this is seriously only part of it. I have a whole other bag of swag, sample chapters, posters, and signed books that I was too tired to break into. Oh, and while I was sneaky enough to turn the books around so you couldn't tell what they are, I will tell you this: a lot of those are ARCs. Highly anticipated ARCs.

So bear with me people. I have awesome things in store, but it may take me a few days to get my ducks in a row. And when I do, there will be much epicness. For now...SLEEP!!!

32 comments:

  1. You could just give it all a way at once to...me. No? Oh darn. :D

    Go and rest! I'm surprised you had even made such grandiose plans! But do post that picture of your costume soon. I'm dying to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you got home safe.

    That is a whole lot of swag!! How exciting!!

    Can't wait to hear all about your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You got a lot of good stuff. Glad to hear you are picking sleep over feeling compelled to write a really long post. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds exactly right. You'll have months of reading with the swag alone.

    Sleep well and I want a full report!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww brilliant swag stuff!!! The comic con was reported pictorially here in several newspapers - looked thoroughly AWESOME!!

    I hope you rest now and take things easy!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How big's YOUR suitcase?

    Definitely rest up. Only a few more days and you're at the LA SCBWI conf. And you'll definitely want to be rested for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might be tired but it sounds like a good tired. Laundry can wait. Get some rest and come back and show us all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you are exhausted. Take some time. Glad you had a great time and came away with great booty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait to hear about this and see the pictures!

    Oh, and try to win some of that stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are wonderful. Get some rest. We can wait...a little.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great time but it's always nice to get home and relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Look at that haul! Can't wait to find out all about your adventures--ComicCon is one convention I've been dying to go to, mostly because it's so quirky (though I've heard it's getting a bit too mainstream for some of the quirkiest types). Get some sleep then tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're willing to wait. Welcome home Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sleep tight, bedbug.

    Glad you're home safe and you had fun.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like such awesome stuff that we're all willing to wait for it.

    My daughters went to Comic-Con two years ago...had a blast!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of the stuff I can see, the blue Vlad bag & Monster Hight Pennant are the coolest.
    This isn't to say I'm not curious about the book stacks. I am. But there's no way to figure out what's in them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, you're forgiven. Just look a that swag! I can't wait to hear about your time and now I'm going to go dig through your tweets.lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you can recover quickly! I love the feeling of wearing myself out on vacation, but it's so hard to get back into the swing of things. I can't wait to hear about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm just glad that you had a good time and a safe trip home. Relax, breathe and take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. *drools at the swag*

    Can't wait to hear of your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SLEEP!!! You definitely deserve it after your jam-packed weekend! I thought I was already following you on Twitter but I wasn't, shame on me! Now I am and I just saw your costume- super adorable!!!!! Rainbow Brite is the best!

    I'm super excited for your future contests. :) You're so generous, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your rest! I can only imagine how incredibly tiring that event must have been! Amazing...but tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you made it home in one piece! Don't forget to eat something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope Ryan Reynolds is in one of the swag bags!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The swag! It's so PURTY! Even though I can't see the pretty part it is still so pretty!!!

    Take me with you next year!!! I'll even dress up!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whoa, that is quite a bit of swag! How many people did you see dressed up as Star Wars characters? :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so excited!!! Fine...take a nap...you totally deserve it after scoring all that!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would be exhausted after all of that, too. Don't worry, though, Shannon. Your bloggy friends will be MORE THAN happy to help you clean up all of your ARC and swag messes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad you had a fab time, make sure you get some rest though.

    Oh, love the look of the swag pile btw. I'm sure any one of us would give it a loving home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lookit you being all sneaky with turning the books around! But seriously, I love that phrase "a publisher threw up on my bed." I think it's my new life goal to have a reason to say that...

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3