Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tell The Truth Tuesday: Comic Con Edition

OMG you guys. Comic Con starts TOMORROW!!!! As in, I have less than 24 hours to pack up, drive to San Diego, check in to the hotel, check in at the conference, and figure out what sessions I'll be attending. Um...yowza!

So I thought I'd use todays post for Tell The Truth Tuesday (one of my favorite memes--I mean, look at that alliteration). Okay, here goes:

1. There are TONS of awesome celebrities who are going to be at Comic Con. 

2. I'm talking Mega-Stars, like Angelina Jolie, Nicholas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, and on and on and on. 

3. I will not be seeing most of them, because their panels conflict with the book/author panels I will be attending.

4. My husband thinks I'm crazy.

5. What else is new?

6. He's also planning on ditching me.

7. But I'm okay with that, because he's planning on wearing a long, dorky, black cloak as a costume. 

8. Apparently the cloak is the cloak of the members of Organization 13 in Kingdom Hearts.

9. I have no freaking idea what that means.

10. I bet most of you don't either.

11. In fact, I'd wager only the nerdiest of the nerds will know what that means.

12. That's my husband for you.

13. When asked, I plan on saying "He is Star Wars."

14. This will drive my husband crazy.

15. Apparently you cannot BE "Star Wars." You can only be a character FROM Star Wars. 

16. That only makes me want to say it more. :)

17. And while I may not be meeting/seeing quite as many Hollywood A-Listers, I don't mind because I will be meeting plenty of publishing A-Listers.

18. I won't list them all, but names like Rick Riordan, Scott Westerfeld, and  Christopher Paolini should give you an idea.

19. Unfortunately, I'll be meeting some of them dressed like Rainbow Brite

20. And, um...I don't know if you know this--but her skirt is SHORT.  I need to invest in some tiny shorts for underneath--STAT.

*Phew* That was a lot of truths. What about you guys? Any truths you want to spill in the comments section?

27 comments:

  1. San Diego? I am jealous.

    Truth: Everywhere we go, the kids check the vending machines for quarters and other coins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list cracks me up. 'He is Star Wars'. hahahaha.

    And I think you will be the first and only person this side of puberty that I know who has willingly dressed as rainbow brite. You are such a brave soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have SO much fun, pack an extra bag for all your swag and merch. Enjoy! Hopefully you're staying near the convention. We stayed in the Gaslight district and it was a LONG walk with very heavy bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list made me smile : )

    Truth? I'm so jealous of you right now!

    have tons of fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!!! I hope you have a fabulous time!!!

    Truth? I'd love to know what no.8 means? LOL! Seriously. What joyous cult is Organization 13?!?!??! And where can I find their website? :-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, Rainbow Brite! Love it! I've seen images of ComicCon in the the past. And while it does seem majorly geeky, I LOVE that people are passionate and unite for such a specific interest. Enjoy! We won't laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My truth? You are one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally jealous right now -- Nathan Fillion is going to be there and he is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truth: I know what you're husband is talking about, so I guess that makes me the nerdiest of the nerd. :)

    Also, I might ditch one of those book panels for a chance to drool over Ryan Reynolds in person. But only if he was shirtless, and somehow I doubt he will be...

    Have fun! I've got to a similar event here in Atlanta, and it was way better than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My truth? I also know exactly what Kingdom Hearts is, hence I know all about Organization 13. It makes since, becaue I've been playing video games since before the original Toy Story was released.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These truths made me laugh out loud! You should definitely tell everyone that your husband is Star Wars. And have fun meeting all the publishing A-listers! At least they'll remember you in your costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're going to dress up as Rainbow Brite? That is adorable!

    Have a great time at the convention! It sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited! We will be dressed as members of the Nerd Herd from my favorite tv show Chuck. Maybe I'll see you at the Penguin or Harper panels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, tiny rainbow shorts!

    Have a fun time, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! I was Rainbow Brite for Halloween when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My truth today is that I don't think I could fit a Rainbow Bright costume around my left ankle at this point in my life. Sad, but true.

    Have so much fun Shannon and take loads of pictures! SO JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is your costume really Rainbow Brite??? That is so awesome. Srsly.

    Also, when I read those so-called "famous" celebrities, I was like, "SO WHAT? Rick Riordan will be there! And Scott Westerfeld!! And there will be free books! And Ray Bradbury!!!!!!" (I'm a huge Fahrenheit 451 nerd.) So yeah. You're definitely making the right choice. Angelina whowhatnow?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have an awesome time! I'd so love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL, that is hysterical! He is Star Wars. I would totally say it all the time.

    Have a great time and I know that you will wear that Rainbow Bright costume with poise and dignity...hahahhahhahhaa. No, really.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a great time! I went when LOTR was huge, and it was a blast. Plus, who can resist Elijah Wood's baby blues?

    ReplyDelete
  21. My truths:
    1. I know what Organization 13 is in Kingdom Hearts.
    2. Yes, I even know what Kingdom Hearts is.
    3. I'm excitedly doing my darndest to hone my query for writeoncon
    4. Even if I get that 2nd job, I'm planning on taking time off from it during writeoncon. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  22. O_o
    Pick up some signed books to give away to us! (I have a friend who'd go ballistic if I gave her a signed copy of Eragon...) Have fun!
    My truth for today:
    I am soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's like Halloween meets BEA. What can be better? I hope you rock the rainbow bright. I'm sure you will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I owned everything Rainbow Brite as a kid. You're my hero!

    Rick Riordan and Christopher Paolini? Among others? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  25. When you said it would drive your husband nuts because you cannot "be" a movie that reminded me a bit of something Sheldon and Leonard woudl have to teach Penny on The Big Bang Theory.

    I am so jealous!! Comic Con would be amazing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dude, Rainbow Brite short skirt will get you LOTS of freebies from the dorks! ;) Work it, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm late, but...

    1. WTF is Kingdom Hearts? Sounds like a gothic metal band.

    2. Angelina Jolie's going to be there? I would ditch you too.

    3. If you do happen to run into Angelina, tell her I'm sorry for ditching her that one time at the bar in Laos. If she asks why I did it, mumble something about the Yakuza and excuse yourself rapidly.

    4. The real reason I ditched her was to drink mai tais and hang out with Jennifer Aniston on the beach. I figured if you're going to hobnob with celebrities, might as well go for maximum irony.

    5. Nice costume.

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3