Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bookanista Preview: Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins

I leave in a couple hours for SCBWI LA--OMG I'm so excited--but I couldn't ignore the fact that today is Thursday, which means it's time to join my fellow Bookanistas and spread the love for an awesome book.

And today I'm especially excited because I get to shamelessly gush about what is absolutely one of my new favorite books: Anna and the French Kiss, by the adorably fabulous Stephanie Perkins--who I will hopefully be meeting this weekend. Squee!!!!!!!


Here's how the publisher describes it:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?









I fell in love with Stephanie through her blog and Twitter, so I had been dying to read this one. Which also meant I had extremely high expectations. And I can assure you right now, this book not only met each and every one of those expectations--it exceeded them. Love, love, LOVED it!


And don't be fooled. The author's name may be Stephanie, and this book may have started with a dream about a ridiculously hot guy--but there's no sparkling and no vampires and definitely no sparkling vampires. Just a love story beautiful enough to outshine the beautiful city it's set in.

I could go on and on and ON about all the reasons I loved this book, but I fully intend to gush again when we get closer to the pub date. So for now I'll just say this: if you like hot guys and love stories you want to preorder this one. Here's a link so you can do it right now!

For more awesome book recommendations, check out what the other Bookanistas are talking about today:

21 comments:

  1. Great review. And it's so cool you'll get to meet Stephanie. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww a nice lovely romantic story! Lovely!

    Thanks for the review and have fun at your conference!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sorry we won't be hooking up at SCBWI! Have a blast. And yep...definintely read this one soon soon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having just returned from three weeks in France (including a stint in Paris), this book sounds like a perfect read. Thanks for the rec!! And have a blast at the conference :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks like it was written for me--I can't wait to read it! And I love that cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time at the conference!
    The book looks like something I would totally love. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Atlanta huh? Normally I would say this is not for me but I may have to check it out, or at least get it for my daughter!

    Thanks Shannon, enjoy another conference! *snarls in jealousy*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh la la. This looks like a great read- right up my alley! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely sounds like a book I would enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome review, Shannon. I can't wait to get this one. *checks the long list*

    Have fun at SCBWI!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my name will be behind Elana's for a LOT of books today! Have an awesome time at the conference! Did you pack your Rainbow Brite costume?

    *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've yet to hear of someone who didn't absolutely ADORE ANNA. CANNOT WAIT for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, now I'm excited to check this one out too. I've been hearing some buzz about it. I be checking it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so, so, so excited for this one! Glad to know it meets the high expectations we all have!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I will have to check this one out! (=

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really looking forward to this one! I really like Stephanie Perkins via her blog/comments. She seems so nice and funny so spread the love for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Très romantique! I am enamored with Paris, and will read this just for that. :)

    Have a safe trip and a lot of FUN!

    ~Lola

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I loved this book, too!!

    Stephanie's writing was so honest, funny and moving.

    It was a great read!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want this book SO MUCH.
    So much!!
    Stephanie is hilarious. And I love cute boys. Especially cute French boys.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You already know I loved it. I'm glad you did too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. THANK YOU for having this contest. I went to Comic-Con and pretty much begged for an ARC of Torment, but no luck... :P

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3