Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yikes!

*crawls out from under a mountain of emails*

Hey guys! Sorry, today's post is probably going to leave a little something to be desired, because, well--I don't know if you missed the EPIC announcement yesterday--but I'm helping plan this online writer's conference, and I volunteered to be the designated email checker/responder, and, um, holy never-ending string of emails Batman! (Wow, that was a REALLY long sentence--and I'm pretty sure it wasn't grammatically correct.)

I'm honestly a little amazed my poor computer didn't explode.

I now have deep, DEEP respect for agents open to queries--I don't know what I would do if my inbox was like this every day. (Well...actually, I do. My laptop would be heaved off a cliff and I'd run screaming into the forest to live a life free of technology.)

But it's okay. You guys are worth it. And WriteOnCon is going to be AMAZING, so I don't mind one bit. Plus, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But I'm sorry if I didn't reply to your blog comment yesterday, or read your blog posts--and if you emailed any of my email addresses (or sent one to the WriteOnCon address) and haven't heard back, bear with me. I'm getting to it. 


And thanks for suffering through this pitiful post. If you would like to read a proper post, my "How I Got My Agent" story went up yesterday on the Guide To Literary Agents Blog. I might just love you forever if you hop over there and take a look--especially if you leave a comment (I'm so worried my post will be a 'dud.') 

I'm also giving away two $25.00 Amazon.com gift cards to help promote WriteOnCon--check out all the contest details here (if you missed the post yesterday).

Okay, I think that's it for now. I promise, things will be back to normal tomorrow. But for now...*rolls up sleeves*...I have some inboxes to tackle!

*plows back into the mountain of emails*

25 comments:

  1. Good luck with the inbox. You guys are awesome for arranging WriteOnCon. :)

    Off to check out your interview now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that interview, it was great. Sorry I didn't comment there but I always have trouble getting into Chuck's blog. Can't wait for the WriteOnCon. Fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! See, and I'm trying to think what all the e-mails could possibly be for. Did I miss something? :)

    WriteonCon will be awesome, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one cute picture!

    And thanks for taking part in this. WriteOnCon sounds like it is going to be amazing! I hope I can get a day off work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant WAIT for this writers conference. It sounds like its gonna be fabulous!! And I'll be sure to check out how you got your agent!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so stoked when I saw that you were the author for How I Got My Agent this time. So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still think it's mega-awesome that you guys are doing this - I hope your inbox calms down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Shannon! Read your interview - great job! That query process really WAS a whirlwind - congrats on being awesome :D And thanks so much for joining with the other five writer/bloggers to found WriteOnCon - I'm really looking forward to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    Just read your fab interview!! Great info on how you got your agent - through research, hard work and dedication! I also asked what a #hitsend means but then that's only cos I'm so technologically challenged! LOL!

    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CONFERENCE!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are you girls? Loved the vlog. :)

    Sounds like an epically awesome conference. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The VLog was the absolute cutest thing ever! i want to put you all in my pocket. The way Elana says your name and your jammies...Oh...so cute.

    And I read your GTLA story and uh...
    *wants to be you*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'll hop on over now to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your posts are always engaging and I think we would all run screaming if we had to deal with massive amounts of email on a daily basis. Talk about a killer!

    Hoping over to check your blog post on the other site, we wouldn't want you to have a dud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your posts! So cool that you are involved in this. What a great idea!!

    Don't worry about us, we'll be here ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are amazing! What a trooper. You are certainly paying it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hang in there. ;) Totally love, LOVE the pic of dr. kitteh!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I commented on your agent story, and I cannot believe how great all of you are to put on this conference. It is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have fun putting it together! Remember, first year will experience mistakes, but that just means next year's will be even better. And bigger! Call in the troops.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My dear, nothing you write could ever be a dud! Simply not possible.

    Good luck with the email landslide - not sure I could cope!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both pics: the first is terrifying, the second absolutely adorable!

    I'll be checking out your agent story!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, you poor thing! This post cracked me up ... hopefully, you can come up for air soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I came over from WD, great blog and great post over there. I did a guest post for them a couple of months ago and only got one comment, I should have just asked people like you did! Thanks for working out the online writer's conference, it's such a needed and great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nothing cheers me up and makes me feel less insane than listening to some Brit-Brit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I mean, yeah, I have questions, but I figure details will come. Hope the emails slow down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am really looking forward to this WriteOnCon thing. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3